“Great breakfast”

Cafe Artysans
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Inverness
Cuisines: British, Cafe, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Delivering high quality, freshly prepared food and freshly roasted coffee, Cafe Artysans is an innovative social enterprise. Whilst delivering a high quality product, Cafe Artysans is helping young people throughout the area to develop the skills required for successful onward progression into sustainable work or vocational training.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We were visiting Inverness for the weekend and came in here for breakfast. There was a nice choice and I had scrambled eggs on toast which were cooked perfectly and my husband had the full English. Both were delicious and the coffees were excellent too. Nice to see a place that does something for the community & gives young people a chance. I'd rather spend my money in places like this than hand it over to the big names who give nothing back to the community.

Would come back again.

• Visited February 2014

“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Lovely homemade soups with a tasty cheese scone followed by a very flavourful coffee. Great to see the place expanding.

Inverness, United Kingdom
“What happened?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Used to be a bit of a regular when I worked in the retail store opposite the cafe. Found myself in town on my lunch break today so stopped by for a takeaway. Very disappointing experience. There were three kids taking orders and serving today who clearly didn't know their back sides from their elbows. Ordered a goats cheese toastie to take away which I thought would be pretty straight forward but the waiter had no idea how much to charge for it. It then took at least 20 minutes for my toastie to arrive. No acknowledgement from staff of how long I had been waiting. No "it shouldn't be long now" and checking up on my order to see what's going on when I'm blatantly stood at the counter waiting. Finally toastie was in sight on plate with salad etc (I specified takeaway) and was directed to go to table 4 who then dismissed it as their order. I bit my tongue as I watched staff deliberate over who's order it was until they clicked that it was my take away. All I got from the lad was "here you go". No apology for the ridiculous wait or mix up. It really irked me and I won't be in any hurry to go back. I would suggest having a supervisor on with these youngsters to keep them right and some training in customer service wouldn't go a miss.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank WeeNessGirl
Scott M, Manager at Cafe Artysans, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for your time to write your review about our cafe, and Im sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your visit.

At Cafe Artysans, we pride ourselves in not only our food but also our customer service. As you will appreciate, as a social enterprise who work with young people in the workplace, we are continually working with our staff to improve and develop their skills. Unfortunately during the time you visited the cafe, it would appear that you were served by some of our newest team members - however this is something we will take into consideration.
Scotland
“great wee cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is my cafe of choice when in town. Very clean, lovely staff, good tasty food well presented and giving young folk a chance and some training making it a cafe with a good ethos. Excellent coffee roasted on premises -you can buy a choice of beans to take home, and choice of teas as well as good varied menu for lunch and snacks. Oh yes and most importantly, beautiful tray bakes!

• Visited December 2013
Inverness, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I hope you are patient, and don't expect flavour”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Visted for lunch with my partner, first of all don't make plans for a quick meal, service is slow. After waiting for a good while, my order of Macaroni Cheese and my partners Chees & Onion Sandwich arrived. Macaroni was bland and tasteless, and the sandwich bread was very very stale. Very poor.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Andrew D
Scott M, Manager at Cafe Artysans, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Afternoon Andrew D

Thank you for your time to write your review, and Im sorry you were not satisfied with your visit to our cafe.

At Cafe Artysans, we pride ourselves in not only the food we serve but also our customer service. We are however disappointed to hear the service or food was not up to the standard you had expected, and I will look into. If you could email us at sales@artysans.org.uk with more specific details I will be able to investigate further.