“Popped in for a snack”

Cafe Artysans
Ranked #4 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Inverness
Cuisines: British, Cafe, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Delivering high quality, freshly prepared food and freshly roasted coffee, Cafe Artysans is an innovative social enterprise. Whilst delivering a high quality product, Cafe Artysans is helping young people throughout the area to develop the skills required for successful onward progression into sustainable work or vocational training.
Inverness
“Popped in for a snack”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We popped in for a snack and were surprised with the selection of home baking and sandwiches made to order. Definately worth a visit.

Visited January 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Scones”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Go there when waiting for a train or a bus for somewhere far ot just to meet a friend. Yhe scones are top class...coffee excellent and the environment contemporary combined with Highland homely!!! Great stuff!!

• Visited May 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Love it!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I recently had breakfast here while waiting for a train. The food was very good and freshly prepared. The service was nice and relaxed as was the decor. This is a great place to eat and I will definitely be back.

West Kelowna, Canada
“A disjointed sort of place - all the bits don't fit together”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I came on the recommendations of other reviewers but this was a real miss. It's close to the train station and has free wifi if you ask for the password but the service team is confused at best so our experience suffered.
We stopped in one drizzly afternoon for tea and cake. The signage for cakes was on a board and the staff seemed unsure what was what. I ordered caramel tart thinking it was something in a tart shell that had a whipped topping; instead I got a shortbread square topped with caramel sauce and chocolate. It was served with a knife and fork but had to be picked up and bitten into gently as the shortbread was so hard I nearly broke the plate when I cut a piece! My husband ordered the beet root chocolate cake - it had huge grated pieces of beet in it which gave it a very unusual texture. We ordered English breakfast and Earl Grey tea - the pot of Earl Grey was English breakfast and the pot of English breakfast was lapsang soochong I think. By that point I was too tired to ask them to change it.
Not a bad place but not for folks expecting a traditional coffee spot or friendly smiley staff. The woman who seemed to be the manager was doing her best to hold the fort but her young staff just look dazed and watched the clock as if they couldn't wait to leave.

Scott M, Manager at Cafe Artysans, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hi, thank you for your review. First off is to say, I am sorry that you did not enjoy the experience at our Cafe. At Cafe Artysans, we pride ourselves, not only in the quality of the food, but also the quality of the service we provide our customers - many of whom have become extremely regular and we class as our friends. I will look into your comments with the front of house team in order to ensure our service is improved.
“Scrumptious”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

As a local I've never visited this restaurant until a day ago and I returned today as I was so impressed.

The ethos of this establishment alone just makes you want to return.

The staff were lovely given that they are all training, the decor is fabulous and the establishment including the toilet is very clean.

I have sampled the Cullen Skink and it has to be one of the best I have ever tasted. I can also highly reccomend the Venison Burger, Macaroni and black pudding salad. I am looking forward to visiting at the end of the week to sample the breakfast........

Scott M, Manager at Cafe Artysans, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Fantastic, glad you enjoyed our CAFE. Always glad to hear from locals as well as visitors to the area.