“Lovely meal”

Ranked #5 of 259 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: For an authentic taste of Scotland���s islands and Highlands look no further than River House, a beautiful restaurant on the banks of the River Ness overlooking the Grieg Street bridge to the Free North Church. The restaurant���s spectacular view���s are complemented by the casual sophistication of the dining room, a comfortable and unpretentious space with timeless design and a warm, cosy atmosphere which invites you to relax and really enjoy your dinner. Dedicated to sourcing the best possible ingredients from the surrounding areas, the River House kitchen cooks each dish to order in the open plan kitchen, using fresh, seasonal produce prepared in such a way that individual flavours shine through. Though mainly Scottish in heritage the River House���s recipes also take inspiration from international cuisine with, in particular, a nod to French cookery woven in to many of the creative, modern dishes. Wines are carefully selected to complement the River House menu, providing a good, but not overwhelming, choice of labels.
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal here, lovely setting and very tasty food. Lovely for a romantic meal. We where sat right at the front door so every customer coming and going came past us very closely, its a little bit of a squeeze! But was worth it for the food

1  Thank Gem109

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My partner and I ate here while staying in Inverness, we were very impressed with the quality of the food especially the seafood. The wine was also very good and the service was very friendly and we felt very welcomed, the Chef even came out to talk to us after our meal to check we'd enjoyed it. I will definitely be going back here next time I'm back in Inverness.

1  Thank ChrisScott1982
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Welcome, faultless - despite being at a peak of people leaving and arriving.
The carefully chosen cocktails, well thought out and should span most tastes.
Menu - Simple, and with about 30 covers its needs to be simple and so keeping stock fresh.
My wife's Cod gently glistened, but the taste enveloped my mouth; displaying exactly the correct amount of cooking.
My rib-eye, ask requested - medium, to allow the taste of the fat to work into the meat - just a touch.
I shall stop there..

Alfie, your gaff, you and your tremendous staff are brill.

Alan & Sue

4  Thank Alan_Sue_141
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Went on a Friday night in March, very pleasant experience from start to finish. Waiting staff very friendly and helpful, chef/owner the same who went round the tables which was nice to see. Food excellent quality, good seafood choices, I had the mussels then the cod which were superb, my wife had a sun dried tomato salad then chicken which were both superb. Then we managed the home made pavlovas which were just as good, all in all, well worth the money. Will definitely be back!

3  Thank Macki1000
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

went here in February and was very impressed not the cheapest food but well worth the money! Would go back tomorrow

2  Thank shoegal_xo