“Well worth a visit :-)”

Zizzi - Inverness
Ranked #28 of 258 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Zizzi Inverness is truly one of the most stunning restaurants we have. One elevation is all glazed floor to ceiling - giving diners a truly amazing view of the river. Four local themes have been the inspiration behind the design of the new restaurant: the historic River Ness, boats, whisky distilleries and the Highlands. A large wooden ceiling raft that is splintered at one end to replicate old boats, light fittings that look like buoys and a rope and pulley feature in the window. The contour lines of the Highlands and Lowlands are detailed through Ordnance Survey maps on the ceiling, whilst copper pipes throughout the restaurant give a nod to the famous distilleries.Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit :-)”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Our first visit to Inverness and we didn't have a clue where to dine. We chose Zizzi's, as it was very busy (which we considered a good thing, ESPECIALLY given it was a Tuesday evening) We opted for the 'set menu' which proved to be good value for money, with decent sized portions. This place is in a beautiful location. It was full to capacity, with a 'buzzing' atmosphere. The staff were VERY friendly and obliging. I've never been to Zizzi's before, but if they are ALL like the Inverness restaurant, I will definitely visit again :-) The only downside, was the garlic bread was crispy, rather than moist ...but I guess this means it was less fattening ? !!

• Arabic first
Forres, United Kingdom
“Yummy food with great views of the Ness”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Nipped into Zizzi with some mates for lunch. Had to have my fave, which is garlic bread with mozzarella & caramelised onions - Mmmmmmmmmmmmm ! This is probably THE best starter ever.

One mate had a pizza, which looked brill & the rest of us shared some platters. Had fritto misto, calamari and cicchetti platters, all of which were stunning. This is such a great idea, as some prefer one thing & others another, but it allows you to just try a bit of something you may not have tried before.

Bit of a drizzly day, so views a bit misty. Only drawback to this restaurant is the excruciatingly uncomfortable chairs, hence me not visiting too often. Always have to ask for a child's booster cushion (which is a little embarrassing), & sometimes they say they can't find them. I have written to them & mentioned it to them a few times over the past 2 years, & they reassured me that they would be installing at least 4 comfy seats, but they never have. Shame about that, as I would go regularly if they did, & so would my friends.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Maria W
Grafham, United Kingdom
“Zizzi for Lunch and we were well pleased!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We decided to stop into Zizzi's for lunch. We were staying very close by and thought that Italian sounded good for lunch. We were very pleased. The menu was reasonably large for a lunch. The pizzas are really nice and I also enjoyed the super food salad which was tasty. I ordered a starter of olives which were outstanding. I would go back in a second!

Birmingham
“Birthday meal ruined by rude staff member”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I'd like to start by pointing out that the food we had here was lovely, however the poor review is purely down to one member of staff who's poor attitude ruined what had been wonderful day.

My partner and I decided upon a meal at Zizzi in Inverness on the night of her 30th birthday as we were staying in the city overnight during our tour of Scotland. Having been to a Zizzi before (where we had exceptional service) we thought it would be safe to say we'd have a lovely meal out...sadly not this time.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a young man who asked if we'd booked, which we hadn't. He was about to tell us there were no tables when the shift manager told him there was a table free. He then huffed and begrudgingly showed us to our table and took our drinks order. Shortly after he brought the drinks and asked if we were ready to order, which we weren't and asked for some more time, at which he rolled his eyes and walked away. After that we could not get his attention as he seemed to be too busy chatting to other staff to see to us. Eventually our order was placed and our food was brought to us by one of the waitresses.

Throughout the rest of the night we were served by two different staff members who were, to be fair to them, very attentive towards us. Finally we asked another waiter for the bill who went up to the original young man who seated and begrudgingly served us and advised him we were ready to pay. We waited nearly 20 mins before we saw him print out our bill and hand it to yet another member of staff to come over to us.

I can honestly say that this is the worst level of service from a member of waiting staff that I have ever experienced and it put a downer on what had, up until that point, been a wonderful birthday for my girlfriend.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank MikeyP79
Peabody
“Late meal done right”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Pizza was very good as were the apps. Great location with a nice river view. The service was excellent and the desserts are worth the trip.