“Classy & Comfortable”

Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Classy & Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

The room was spacious, the shower was perfect after a hard day on the slopes. The staff were polite and the breakfast was spot on.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. The Kingsclub and spa is the prefect retreat after a days skiing. Offering you very spacious and luxurous bedrooms, with double sized power showers. There is also the option to have a treatment perhaps a full body massage or a sportsman's massage or a mud wrap. (to name only a few of our treatments)

I am also glad you found our associates very friendly and enjoyed a great breakfast.

Craig Ewan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

I stayed for one night at the new King's Club and Spa and it was a superb experience.

The hotel staff were extremely welcoming and helpful throughout our stayed - the receptionist even went to the effort of locating a charger for my phone.

The hotel is beautifully decorated - the room had a lovely veiw of the golf course and was spacious with a very comfy bed.

The breakfast provided a great selection of food and the hotel staff accommodated our special requests.

Looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback very much appreciated. I was glad to read that your experience was superb. Our associates are very friendly and welcoming.

I am also delighted to hear you enjoyed our breakfast experience.

Charlottesville, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

The title pretty much says it all here. This is a very nice hotel, and the location is great as well, within walking distance to downtown Inverness. Good breakfast, nice big rooms, etc. However, if there is a wedding here when you are staying (and you are not part of said wedding), turn around and find another place to stay! The worst part of all was that we were in rooms right above where the reception was being help, and it went until midnight with loud music, etc. Instead of putting the guests participating in the wedding in rooms above the reception (which would make way too much sense), they put us in one of those rooms, so we got to enjoy that all night long. Also, when we called the front desk to ask for new rooms, they replied that they were booked, but they would send up drinks to make up for the noise. And they sent up 2 bottles of Budweiser. Not even Guinness. This would have been our favorite hotel in Scotland if not for the wedding. Next time, please put non-wedding guests in rooms away from the reception area!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I was glad to read that this was your favourite hotel on your travels of Scotland. I was disappionted to read it was mared by the noise from an event going on in the hotel. I have investigated, the event was not a wedding it was a large group of International curlers, about 100 of them who were staying with us whilst taking part in an international competition. I believe they were were very lively and do apologise that the noised created from their excitment distrubed you.

If you are travelling in Scotland again we would be delighted to look after you.

kilmarnock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

We came back yesterday after a weekend at the Kingsmills staying in one of the Retreat rooms in the new part of the building.
We had a swift check in and the staff were nice.
The room was nice and the bed was large but the duvet cover wasn't large enough to cover the whole bed. It was also wearing thin and compared to the rest of the room seemed a bit shabby.
We headed to the main part of the hotel for a drink which was really nice and seemed to have been refurbished recently.
Our first drink was lovely but our second one took a while as there was a wedding party going on and while my husband was at the bar trying to order another the waiters totally ignored him and didn't even make eye contact.
We were looking forward to the evening meal in the Conservatory and got dressed up accordingly. We were seated in the middle of the room and there were very few other diners, it seemed to me that we were like goldfish in a bowl to tempt the other patrons to dine there too.
They needent have bothered as the food was dire!
We eat out often and i have never had such bland food in my life at such extortionate prices. ! we were very disappointed.
The breakfast was better and the staff were very friendly.
I dont know if we would go again but i would reccomend it to others.
A little bit of tweaking would make it better & some seasoning in the food would be a plus.

There was a wedding going on at the time we were there and it was nice to watch the wedding party having their photos taken. Having said that, my husband had to wait at the bar for some considerable time for a drink while they were doing the champagne cocktails

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback.

I am was glad to read that you experienced a good check in and found the room very comfortable. I am have been investigating the comments regaring your duvet quality and size. All duvets are King duvets and were only purchased last May. I can not seem to understand this comment fully. I can only guess that the duvet cover was marked in some way or other, however these are replaced with each new stay so I was not able to see your acutaul duvet cover.

I was very disappointed to read your comment regarding your food and beverage experience at dinner, from bar service, table allocation and food quality. I apologise that this impression has been created, this is certainly not our usual standard. We have an exec chef and a head chef with a tremendous amount of expereice and quality is really important to everyone.

I would like for you to contact me directly so I can discuss this and resolve for you.

Kirkwall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

I was in town to meet up with other mature students to discuss books...and one of my kind fellow students was able to get me a good rate for one night which I extended to two and paid full price the second. The average nightly rate worked out to be £65.00 per night including breakfast. I thought this was a very good rate for this hotel. I had been to a conference years ago and I thought it looked like a good place to stay. It was!

The reception personnel were very nice, I checked in a bit early and my room was not ready yet so they took my bag. I mentioned to reception that I might need help with my bag going up the stairs as I had thrown my back out a bit. I went to the lounge and had a juice and read while I waited. The sofas were comfortable and the bar was well provisioned. One of the reception staff found me in the lounge to let me know my room was ready (I could have been working out or swimming on walking thru the manicured grounds during this time but I was needing a little down time and the lounge was quiet enough at that time of day to provide it.) She had kindly had the porter bring my bag to my room for me. The room no. was 06. There is a tiny elevator that takes you up one flight and then a walk to the back or side and some funny steps up and down to the room so it wouldn't be ideal for someone who can't walk well - there were not too many rooms in this section. (Probably the favorable rate section.) The hallways were clean and had nicely located chairs.

The room was plenty big enough for a couple with a large king size bed, a table and two chairs and a desk. The king size bed was a real king...but it was made up of sections put together, it wasn't that great if one tried to lie crosswise...which I sometimes do when I'm alone. But it was comfortable enough and the heating was actually controllable so I could put the heat on when I needed it and shut it down when I went to bed. The room was nice and clean and the tv was very easy to use. The funny thing was there was no clock but I found that by putting the tv on and pressing select the time showed up!

The room was nicely done up in that unobtrusive, quasi-elegent style that is comfy and country-house like. The table and chairs were convenient as I had purchased take out sushi for my supper one night. The lighting was not as bright as I like it for reading but it worked out ok. The desk was nice and large for spreading out papers and maps.

The bathroom had a nice, clean deep tub which was perfect for a hot bath after a cold, windy day spent at Culloden. Since we only have a wetroom at home, a hot bath is quite a welcome luxury and I enjoyed it with some Lush products I picked up in the center of town.

There was no view to speak of in this room as it looked out over the lower part of the hotel and there was some heating units out there that buzzed through the night. The noise didn't keep me awake but it is a consideration if you are given this room at the full rate. If I had this room at the full rate of £189 per night I would have asked to be moved to something with a view and no buzzing.

The breakfast was a fairly standard hot & cold buffet with some items not generally seen such as black pudding on the hot buffet and hash browns (yummy). A good supply of fruit both fresh and tinned and plenty of juice. The catering staff was excellent at keeping the troughs filled. There was a very good selection of breakfast type baked goods and lots of items for vegetarians. Ask to be seated in the conservatory dining room as it looks out over the garden and although a longer walk away from the buffet, if you are indulging at the full Scottish breakfast it might be a good thing.

The pool was good, although a little small but it was clean and not freezing. The health suite seemed to have everything one required (I have to admit only looking thru the glass!)

The location is a bit out from the center of Inverness and is a healthy walk to (10 - 15 minutes)and fro or a cab ride in the vicinity of £3.80 - £5.00 depending on where you pick it up, roughly about £22.00 to the airport. I walked from the hotel into town but returned in a taxi as I was laden with packages.

The staff was highly professional and well-trained. They have a very good understanding of service and were quite helpful to both me and an elderly couple whose questions I happened to overhear.

Would I bring my disabled husband? I don't know, he wouldn't use the pool or the gym although he would like the breakfast and since he wouldn't be able to walk back and forth to town we would have to have taxis both ways which is an added expense to budget for.

I didn't use the dining room or room service although I was tempted as the menu looked very good, venison and hare were both on the menu as well as vegetarian options and bar food like burgers. The lunch service seemed to be full of parties of locals having their Sunday lunch - which is always a good sign. If I went back with my husband I probably would try the dining room as it is not so much fun for a solo traveler to have formal experience alone.

The only fault in the room was the door to the bathroom was a little hinky, maybe it should open outwards instead of inwards as it was a bit tight when trying to leave.

Inverness is a surprising busy place with a lot to see and do at all times of the year. The Snowman Auto Rally was on the weekend I was there and it brought in a lot of tourists. All in all I would go back to Kingsmills as they seem to be doing everything right with the caveat that if I were paying rack rate I would want a really nice room overlooking the garden. I would imagine that children would like this hotel also as there is good outside space and an excellent public playground right across the street with swings and a slide that even tempted me!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

My girlfriend and I recently stayed in the newly completed Kingsclub Spa in Inverness and we were both very impressed by all aspects of this stunning addition to the Kingsmill Hotel. Everything from the friendly, fastidious staff, sumptuous rooms and mouth-watering food made our brief stay in the capital of the Highlands a very memorable one indeed. We will certainly be returning to enjoy the Kingsclub Spa Hotel in the near future!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fergus1984
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the new addition to the Kingsmills Hotel - the Kingsclub Spa. We had not visited Inverness previous to this stay but will certainly return after a really enjoyable stay in the hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful, the service impeccable and the rooms/decor just spotless. Didn't have a chance to use the Spa unfortunately but I am pretty sure that it will be the same standard as the rest of the hotel - in which case it won't be long before we shall be booking a return visit.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple