“Nice treat”
Review of Kingsmills Hotel

Kingsmills Hotel
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I treated ourselves to a Sunday night stay at the Kings Club, which we had been meaning to do for some time. We had one of the lovely Retreat Rooms which has a balcony overlooking the golf course.

The rooms are all of a high standard and very comfortable. However, I would say that there is some wear showing with some stains on the carpet and marks on the wallpaper. These small things did not retract anything from our stay.

The balcony is such a nice feature, especially in Scotland! We could have happily sat and watch the golfers all afternoon.

All members of staff which we encountered couldn't be more helpful and professional.

We will definitely return sometime in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your Sunday treat. The Kingsclub retreat rooms are particularly comfortable. I was glad to read that our associates looked after you and that you will be back in the future.

Craig Ewan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,845)

999 - 1,005 of 1,845 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2014

After flying from Ireland to Scotland, driving to inverness for three hours and finding out our original castle stay was a bust... This hotel offered service, comfort and a great park across the street for kids. We were lucky to find openings in this hotel and liked it so much we decided to stay an extra day. We encountered a few oddities - they were out of hummus for hummus plate, my girls got in trouble for working out with me (they normally work out three times a week at home) and it took the bar about 30 min to grab a few drinks for us as we were leaving hotel? However, pool, local golf and city made up for any problem we had. We also liked the showers, lounge area and breakfast.

Room Tip: Our rooms could not connect. We had to divide and conquer!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review Kingsmills hotel. I was glad that you and your family enjoyed their stay, so much so that you extended your stay, which is great. Apologies that we "run out of" one of the sandwiche fillings during your stay.

I also do not understand the comment about your girils getting into trouble for using the gym. I can only assume they were under 16 and need to be with an adult.

Haste ye back

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Extremely happy with our entire experience at Kingsmill!
The conservatory restaurant was great, food was well presented and delicious.
We were upgraded to the spa in the annexe building and it did not disappoint! The kid Daryl behind the desk was the most helpful and friendly receptionist we've met so far in our time in Scotland.
Top notch hotel, would return to Inverness for this hotel alone!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the spa building - I have no experience of the main hotel but this building was great for...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on Kingsmills Hotel.

I was delighted to read that we delivered for you in all areas of the hotel, quality service, food and beverage, comfort and character. I will ensure Daryl recieves your praise.

Geeneral Manager

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Enjoyed staying at the hotel in a garden room with my husband, son and two small dogs. Comfortable beds, hearty breakfast. Staff are lovely and go out of there way to ensure your stay is comfortable. =)

Room Tip: Garden rooms are great if your travelling with small dog as open directly onto grounds.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am glad you and your family enjoyed your recent stay. Our "Garden" rooms are our classic rooms with the addition of access to the inner garden via garden doors. Ideal if you have a small dog, or like sitting out in the garden / patio.

Haste ye back!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Most helpful people. Rubin was the best! Bed was huge! Room was spotless. Food was divine. If you have a choice go to the Club and Spa! Hated to leave. We had car trouble and he tripped all over himself to help. And he got us a malt to calm us down!

Room Tip: Go to the spa.
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Luxury is the only way to describe this hotel, perfect bed, stacks of big towels,chocolates on a decorated tray, easy walk to main building for dinner.Dinner was perfect everything down to the starch linen tablecloths, I really didnot want to leave.

Room Tip: The new spa building is far better
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Lovely hotel, I had the room in the tower which was quaint.
Helpful staff, had an issue with the television in the room, they could not fix it, tried a replacement which too didn't work so offered me an alternative room, however this was in the building on the other side of the car park and as I was leaving the next morning I was happy to go without the television ... This however brings me to the negative: thinking I could pass some time on my Ipad, charging for Wi-Fi I thought was a disgrace especially in this day and age!!

Breakfast was very nice with great selection.

I would return to stay again but not if I have to pay to get internet access.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo