“Birthday Weekend”

Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Pitlochry, United Kingdom
“Birthday Weekend”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed at the Kingsmill for a special Birthday weekend with another couple.Have stayed before at this great hotel.Has not let us down ,great staff,lovely rooms,good food.Did have some issues on the Sunday night ,but sorting out with Craig Ewan [,general manager]who gives this hotel 100%.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guests

Thank you for your feedback regarding your weekend via our Guest Satisfaction Survey and also this review. I am glad that you enjoyed another good break overall. Hopefully you have received my personalised letter to you following your stay.

I look forward in welcoming you back in the future. I love this hotel and I am very passionate about exceeding expectations and customer service.

See you next November if not sooner.

Craig Ewan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here with coach party. Found rooms lovely, staff very friendly and food good even though restricted to fixed menu. Situation about 20mins pleasant walk from centre of Inverness. Stayed in standard twin room - plenty of space - bathroom had proper separate shower as well as bath.
Quite an unusual route to room. Puzzled by signs directing to a room no. 12 which we never found (& staff did not know if it existed) but we enjoyed our stay and would go again.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view room with terrace.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, found the room comfortable and clean, enjoyed the food quality and would return again. Your room must have been in the original house dating back to the 1700's. It was since converted to a hotel and a few years ago we converted two room into one in some areas to provide large rooms with good ensuites in all rooms with separate show cabinet and bath.

Look forward to seeing you back at Kingsmills.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel was certainly adequate for our family trip through Scotland. The fitness center and pool were very good and the room was fine. The hotel just seemed a little too corporate and lacked any sort of distinguishing character. Breakfast was not very good as the buffet seemed to have been left out too long. Very central to Inverness Castle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LAS2012910
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest LAS2012910,

Thank you for taking time to write your review on trip advisor. I am glad to read that you found the hotel comfortable and the family enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel in particular making use of the leisure club facilities. I do not believe that we are not a corporate hotel, having managed four large corporate hotels in the past. There are not many "corporate hotels" that can claim Robbie Burns to have eaten in their private dinning rooms and have a thank you letter to display to this affect, as Kingsmills does. I apologise you were disappointed with breakfast, I will be addressing this with our executive chef as a matter of urgency.

I would love for you to return to Kingsmills hotel in the future.

Thurso, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed in the Kingsmills with friends as having a shopping day in Inverness, the rooms were lovely,spotlessly clean, and very cosy , we used the pool facilities. All very clean and well looked after. There was a function on, but we heard no noise. Ate in the dining room and im afraid this is where the dissapointment set in !. there is a choice of two menus , and we chose A La Carte .. We all chose a starter of prawns..on each plate - 4 prawns! and some rocket that was it... not even a hint of a sliver of tomato at £9.25 pp very over priced, 2 had steaks, again the garnish left a lot to be desired... 2 onion rings and half a tomato! plus some chips ..the other dishes that were chosen was a burger .. cant do much wrong with that and vennison which was over cooked . All was pointed out at the time .. but we felt very dissapointed after saying how good it was to our guests based on our past visits..... A La Carte... this was not!

However, we would stay at the hotel again, just not eat in . I feel that wifi should be included in the price ... so you can use internet in the comfort of your room... and not have to sit in reception.

All in all a good enough stay, though the food let it down.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest Evelyn S,

A shopping stay. I appreciate your comments posted on trip advisor. I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay and I would be delighted to welcome you back to Kingsmills hotel in the future. I was delighted to read that you found the rooms very comfortable and spotlessly clean and cosy. I am also glad you enjoyed the leisure facilities. I was alarmed to read that you were disappointed with our a la carte offering. Our chef's a la carte menu uses the finest of local ingredients including local scallops, lobster, langustines, local beef, local venison, eggs, ice cream and much more. I would like you to contact myself offline so I can discuss this further. I take the running of Kingsmills hotel very seriously.

Thanks to hear from you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kent
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in this amazing hotel in the Kings Club. met by Kim on reception. lovely girl who obviously enjoys her job. She was so proud saying oh you are in this room, you will love it and oh how right she was...Lovely warm colours, amazing bed, make up area and a work area, balcony overlooking golf course , bathroom amazing, power shower and seperate bath - my heaven !!!. lovely comfy sofa....I cant say how much this room exceeded my expectations.. Even fresh milk in the fridge. I didnt eat in the hotel so cant comment, its a wee bit out of town which means free parking...and so quiet. The staff are lovely and I would say this hotel should be rated as number 1 in Inverness and I have stayed in most. I have stayed in Bellagio Las vegas and many other 5* places but this place ticked all my boxes...cant wait for another "good nights sleep". I think ideal for couples and business people. Oh and Kim checked me out and is a credit to this company.

Room Tip: Kings club as a treat
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Hapytravel,

Thank you for your guest review and I appreciate your rating of Inverness's number one hotel. We recently won the "Best Hotel" award in the Highlands and Islands, so there are a number of other guests out there who agree with you. I have already passed your praise on to Kim, she is a great associate who wears her heart on her sleeve and has really bought into our Kingsmills culture that we continually live, breath and train to new associates.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills Hotel at some point in the future.

Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed in The Kingsmills Hotel and was given a room in the Kings club 5 Star Spa. It was a superb room, modern, contemporary decor, clean and very spacious. The bed was enormous with very comfy pillows. I had a great nights sleep, which is unusual for me,

Staff were professional and helpful. I was attending a conference so the hotel was pretty much full

Unfortunately the food was not great but I put this down to having to cater for large numbers.

Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a guest review. I was delighted to read that you found the accommodation "five star" superb room, decor and very clean and spacious. I also appreciate your comments on the professional and helpfull associates. Whilst the hotel was 100% full our food and beverage standards should still remain high, I will discuss and action with our exec chef as a matter of urgency.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We just got married at the kingsmills hotel on Saturday the 10th November, it was absolutely fantastic the staff were so friendly and helpful the food was out standing, everything about the day was just fantastic we wouldn't have changed anything, a special thanks must go to Craig Ewan the manager he had everything so well organised and the day and night went like clockwork.
Our weekend stay in the kings club was also fantastic the use of all the facilities which were excellent, I can't speak highly enough about the kingsmills hotel and the staff, thank you for such a fantastic weeken and looking after us so well.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review following your recent wedding. I was delighted that you had a fantastic wedding. We take a huge amount of pride in all of our events in particular our weddings. We want you to enjoy your day and we will lead the day and do all the hard work. I was also delighted to read that you really enjoyed the food. I also recieved a number of verbal comments from other guests regarding the high quality of the food served.

Have a great honeymoon and a long and prosperous life together.