“Spa day at kingsmill”

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
scotland
“Spa day at kingsmill”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Five girls went from work on a mini spa day at the Kingsmill. From start to finish we had a truly excellent time. All staff were very helpful in all aspects of our spa day. We had a relaxing time in the pool area where we were served tea and cakes. After our swim, jacuzzi and use of sauna and steam room we were taken over to the Kingsclub for our platter lunch, presentation and quality of food again excellent and served by cheerful and pleasant staff. After our platter lunch and dessert we had a massage, again very welcoming and friendly staff. A truly wonderful day enjoyed by us all. I have stayed overnight at this hotel and was impressed then. But due to time and family commitments unfortunately we could not stay overnight this time. Certainly recommend to all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank brunodog
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest "Brunodog"

Thank you for the feedback on your girlie spa day. I am delighted to read that all five of you enjoyed the whole day and were very well looked after from every department and every associate you encountered. We have a beautiful spa combined with great associates. A winning combination. Spread the word!

Craig Ewan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Scotland
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed at The Kingsmills for 1 night, whilst in Inverness for business.
The hotel looked very nice from the outside, and the staff at check-in were very friendly and helpful, but although the room was very large and the bed very comfortable, there was a huge amount of dust and cobwebs in the room (room 47, on the first floor).
The shower had very poor water-pressure, which was a significant problem for my wife, who wanted to wash her very long hair.
The Leisure Centre was good – decent range of cardio and resistance machines, along with a pool, Jacuzzi, steam room etc.
We had dinner in the A La Carte Conservatory (the regular Inglis Restaurant was fully-booked), and it looked very nice – until we ordered. My wife had no trouble making herself understood when she ordered the linguine, but my order for a burger caused some difficulty. I asked if it could be well-done, and the waitress replied that the burgers well all cooked in this way, and definitely cooked all the way through.

20 minutes later, the linguine arrived along with …………………………………. Fish & Chips ! I explained to the (same) waitress that I had ordered the burger, and she then went off to the computerised till to check – she then returned and said that somehow she had typed Fish & Chips into the ordering screen.
She apologised and said that the chef would make a burger immediately, so off went the fish (along with the linguine), and another 20 minutes later the 2 meals appeared.
Sadly, the burger had been rushed, and was most definitely not cooked all the way through. If I want to eat Steak Tartare, I will order it, but when I want a well-done burger that is what I expect.
It might have been a useful touch to perhaps offer a complimentary drink / dessert / whatever to compensate for this error, but sadly no such offer was forthcoming.
This was the only negative to our stay, but it was a significant negative, and it is to this particular dish that I attribute the intestinal episodes that I suffered during the next day.
If we return, I will be wary of what I order from the menu, but with so many choices of accomodation in Inverness I may just "vote with my feet".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest "RickersScotland"

Thank you for your guest review. I am glad that you found your bedroom comfortable. I will pass on your comments to housekeeping as this is very unusual, that you found your room dusty. We are a very busy hotel and every room is nearly used every day and obviously cleaned every day. I apologise regarding you dinner service in our a la carte restaurant. Clearly we got that wrong for you and did not rectify it on the night which is very unusual. We have a very good food and beverage team however clearly we got it wrong on that night. Please contact me directly off line so I can address this. I do want you to return to Kingsmills hotel and enjoy your next stay as you should have on the first occasion.

Aberlour, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here for two nights,7th September,with my husband to finish off my 40th celebrations!Had such a great birthday was worried our weekend away would not live up to the rest my partying but i had no need!Excellent room(113) with a huge bed and lovely bay window to look out to the park at opposite side of road.My husband was glad he could see the car from our room aswell.Ate in the hotel restaurant on the first night and the service and food was great as it was at breakfast also.Weddings on the Friday and Saturday meant the bar/lounge area was quite busy and added to the happy atmosphere with plenty staff to cope!Attendant in the leisure area was really nice,pool was niceMy husband had every intetion of using gym but never quite got round to it.Cant wait ti come back and might even take kids with us next time!!;-)

Dear Guest "Heather B"

Thank you for your guest review, I am delighted to read you had a great stay and a grand birthday celebration. I was glad to read you also enjoyed the food and beverage offering and whilst the hotel was 100% full you were able to see we were organised and looking after all guests. Next time bring the kids and celebrate again, we have great family rooms also.

scotland
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our fourth time at this hotel and it never fails to impress. Again stayed in the Kings Club, not the main hotel. Superb large room with a balcony and view over the neighbouring golf course and a huge comfy bed. Staff are welcoming, cheery and attentive. The pool, fitness suite and spa are a bonus and the choice of restaurants adds variety. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Go for the Kings Club if available - it's worth it
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a guest review. I really appreciate your loyal business and I am glad that our product and service has delivered a great experience for you once again. Our Kingsclub room are our top level of room category, which does hold a premium over the rooms in Kingsmills hotel. Many, many guests do give us lots of fantastic feedback on our Kingsclub and Spa. I am delighted you have agreed with them.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills and Kingsclub and spa. Have you ever thought of joining us for our Hogmanay package at New year time?

Edinburgh
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Staying in this hotel over a period of two weeks. My room is a good size with double bed, settee and a couple of armchairs, very comfortable with plenty of space. There is a nice view overlooking the garden area where there are some tables allowing you to sit out there if the weather allows.
The beds are very comfortable with a good selection of pillows and my room at least is very quiet allowing me a good nights sleep.
There is the usual tea and coffee making facilities, a flat screen TV (which sometimes lacked a good signal on some channels) and plenty wardrobe and drawer space.
I have a large bathroom with a separate shower cubicle and bath.
The room is bright and airy however the floorboards are creaky when you walk on them, not a big point but could be annoying to guests in rooms below.
The breakfasts and dinner at this hotel are first class with a great selection to choose from and the food id first class. Dinner can be taken in the conservatory with nice views out over the garden. Breakfast is buffet style with a good selection of hot & cold fayre.
The lounge bar area is a lovely place to relax with comfortable settees & armchairs spread about to lounge in.
The leisure complex is quite small but has a swimming pool, hot tub, sauna & steam room it was quiet when I visited and a great place to unwind after a hard day.
The hotel staff are excellent, friendly, courteous & really want to make your stay enjoyable, top marks to them all !!
I would have given this hotel the full five stars were it not for the high charges for wi-fi access. It's high time all hotels made this a free service, More & more hotels are doing this now, a 25p charge on every room would cover the costs, it's ridiculous to charge £10 for 24hr access.
Anyway, that aside this is actually a great hotel and a great place to stay !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank EdinburghBiker
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Guest "Edinburgh Biker",

Thank you for taking time to write a review on the hotel, we always appreciate feedback. Having stayed in the hotel for a period of two weeks you can really get a feel of the hotel and the service. I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I have a great team and they do work very hard to try and exceed every guests expectations. I was also delighted to read that you have been enjoying the food and beverage offering, between the two restaurants; the a la carte conservatory and the Inglis fixed price menu.

The room you are staying in appears to be one of our standard rooms overlooking the gardens to the east of the hotel. These rooms are due for a full refurbishment this winter, which will resolve the creaky floor board issue. The wifi is still chargeable, however the tokens are log on log out, so a 24 hour voucher can last you a week, and a 60 minute voucher is £2.50. There is a internet kiosk and business center with computers and free broadband internet to all.

Thanks again for your feedback

Yours sincerely

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Booked 3 rooms at the hotel during August for family. Reception staff pleasant and efficient. We had a room at the very front of the hotel above the main door. It was a warm night so had the windows open. There was a wedding on that day and we were kept awake by people standing outside smoking and making a noise until 2 a.m. Unfortunately the smoke drifted up into our room so my advice would be don't have a room anywhere near the main entrance. Also my husband lost a valuable item in the carpark on the Saturday. We checked out on the Sunday and realising he had dropped this item in the carpark, rang to ask could someone look for it. We told them the exact location where we had parked. We were rang back to say nothing could be found. However, we called in to the hotel carpark on the following Sunday (one week later) and lo and behold we found the item exactly where we told the member of staff it would be. Obviously no one had looked too hard for it, if at all. We were very disappointed!! We have stayed here before and are really impressed with the hotel and we will stay there again, but this item was worth £1500+.

Room Tip: If you sleep with the window open don't choose one above the front entrance.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest "clio063",

Thank you for writing a hotel review. I am glad that overall you were very impressed with the hotel and that you would stay again. I am sorry that you were disturbed in the early hours due other guests standing under your window.

Regarding your missing item, I am very concerned and I am going to investigate this further. We do have a lost property log and a procedure for check for items which have been reported missing. I would like you to contact myself off line so I can ask a couple of questions to assist me with this process.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsmills hotel a some point in the future.

Ellon, Aberdeenshire
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here weekend of 1st and 2nd September and overall very impressed and happy with our choice to stay at kingsmills hotel. Would not hesitate to return again and already considering our next visit.

Good points:

Room size - huge
Bed size - huge and probably the comfiest bed and pillows I have ever slept on
Breakfast - Excellent -very tasty and lots to choose from
Friendly staff
Leisure centre - well equipped and quiet
Although not slap bang in the centre of Inverness, only 10 minute walk
Staff friendly and attentive

Areas for slight improvement (I'm being picky!!!)

Clenliness of bathroom could have been better (hair from previous occupant still on floor and lights thick with dust)
Once of room windows didn't lock properly
Steam room heat inconsistent (could have been hotter at times!)

Overall, very enjoyable stay and woudn;t hesitate to return or recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CraigEwan_8, General Manager at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest - taylorwg_alan,

Thank you for your guest review, I really appreciate the time taken to write and review. I am glad you had an enjoyable weekend and you would return to stay again and recommend us to others to use. I will address all your feedback with the operational team and challenge on the small detail.

I look forward in, to welcoming you back to Kingsmills Hotel in the future.