We had a splendid stay here a few years ago so decided to return to this hotel while visiting Scotland again. We were not disappointed this time either and had another wonderful experience.
This hotel offers a quiet peaceful refuge, although it is not far from Inverness city center--about 2 miles. If you don't want the hustle/noise of a city center, this is the place to stay. We were able to walk on safe sidewalks into town (about 25-30 minutes), of which several minutes are along the beautiful River Ness and the Ness Islands. If you drive, it's about a 5 min drive into town. The hotel grounds are beautiful, with a garden area for strolling or just sitting and enjoying the outdoor environment. Plenty of free parking, too.
Check-in was efficient with very helpful, friendly staff. We had a very large room in the newer section, with a patio that overlooked the lawn and garden area. There is no elevator in the 3-floor garden building but staff is readily available to assist w/ luggage if needed. Lighting in the room was superb, which you don't always find in hotels these days. There was a small couch, coffee table, and two chairs for seating, plus a large desk and armoire. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom was quite roomy, too. Wi-fi free and readily accessible in rooms and public spaces.
We had dinner a few nights in the restaurant. Service was excellent, as was the food. Breakfast was served buffet-style and the options were plentiful. The bar area adjoins the restaurant and has a couple of rooms with a mixture of comfortable furniture styles, which made it quite pleasant to sit and have drinks in.
We hope to visit Scotland again in the near future, and this hotel will again be the place to stay while we are in the Highlands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel is set in it’s own spectacular gardens in a peaceful area of the City.The main hotel has 12 luxury bedrooms and the adjacent Garden Wing which opened in early 2006 has 16 deluxe bedrooms all furnished and equiped to the highest standard.Personally supervised by the owners Eileen and Graeme since 1985 Lochardil provides comfort and quality to its guests, good scottish food where they can relax and enjoy the facilities . Free extensive onsite parking with free wireless internet throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lochardil Hotel
- Best Western Inverness
- Inverness Best Western
- Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel Scotland