Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel
$271
Agoda.com
Heathmount Hotel(Inverness)
Agoda.com
All reviewsgarden wingnew wingmain buildinglovely hotelhuge bathroomwedding venuegreat showerhotel is situatedcity centrequiet areabusiness tripspacious roombuffet stylean overnight stayhome from homefantastic staycouple of nights
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here on sat 3rd Nov for one night for a 50th birthday Party being held in the hotel, My wife had booked a double room for us and also requested a ground floor twin room for my father in law and disabled brother in law. The ground floor room was in the garden annex. We received a letter of confirmation from the hotel also stating that they were giving us a free upgrade to one of the rooms in the garden annex to be beside my father in law and brother in law which is great service!. Staff were very helpful and friendly from first point of contact at reception through to waiting staff and room cleaners. We had an evening meal and breakfast and couldnt fault the service and quality of food. The rooms were immaculately presented and very fresh and modern in the garden annex.My brother in law left a pair of shoes and a jumper and when we contacted the hotel they confirmed that they had the items and are posting them to us. We will definitely stay there again and have no reservations about recommending this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: You have a choice depending on what you want , modern in the garden annex or traditional in the beautiful old building.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bydandboss20
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your very kind review. We do our best and our staff are excellent - well we think so and glad you agree. I am pleased that you all enjoyed your stay here and hope to see you again. Regards Graeme

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed one night in the old part of the hotel. The building is beautiful, with lovely woodwork and high ceilings. Keep in mind that there is no elevator if you are staying on the second floor! It is rather out of the way (I was glad we had a car), in a residential neighbourhood with no stores or restaurants nearby. I knew when I booked that the room was a small double, and it was small. There was a desk and chair, with free WiFi in the room, and a nice tea tray with shortbread and fresh milk. Our view was nonexistent, looking out over the roof and wires. The bed was a little soft, so although the area is very quiet I didn't sleep too well. Still, for the price (including breakfast), I thought it was good value. However, the bathroom, including tub and shower, was very spacious! If I could give 6 stars for cleanliness, I would! The bedroom and the bathroom were spotless!!!
The staff were very helpful. I appreciated that the buffet breakfast was staffed, with waiters bringing tea, coffee and toast, and taking orders if you wanted freshly cooked eggs. The buffet had lots of choice, with both cold and hot dishes. I wish we had had a sunny morning to enjoy the views over the garden from the conservatory, but alas we were blessed with a wet and windy morning. There was an anniversary party the evening we arrived, and the parking had all been taken. We mentioned this to the desk clerk, and she quickly helped us find a spot near the front of the hotel. We did not hear any noise from the party.
Overall, a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Book a second floor room only if you are able to climb a steep set of stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pitpat2
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for your very kind review. No we do not have a lift and some of our Main Building rooms are 'small' but as you say this is clear in our information and they are priced accordingly. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and appreciate your comments. We try our best. On the bed - not easy to please all as some say they are too firm whilst others a little soft. Again we try to have facilities that are generally acceptable . Thank you Graeme

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I recently spent three nights at this four star hotel on the outskirts of Inverness. The hotel has many strengths the most notable being its staff. Everyone from the lady who took our booking to the high profile manager did their utmost to make our stay exceptionally pleasant.

The hotel is a short drive from the city centre. If you don't fancy taking the car into the centre there is a stop for a half hourly bus service at one of the hotel entrances. The hotel is set in its own pleasant grounds and there is ample parking space.

As my wife is recovering from a broken leg we asked for ground floor accommodation and were placed in the annexe a short distance from the main building. The hotel very kindly upgraded our accommodation. The room (27 I think) was extremely comfortable and spacious with a separate sitting area and comfortable queen sized bed. The large, modern bathroom had both a bath and separate forceful shower.

The public areas including the bar were comfortable, if a little gloomy. Meals were taken in the conservatory- type dining room. The dinner menu offered a range of options including a fixed price menu for three courses and coffee/tea. Portions were generous. Only slight problem occurred at breakfast where some items were not replenished e.g. grapefruit, bacon and fried eggs (which had to be requested). The restaurant staff were great!

All-in-all we had a great time and have no hesitation in recommending the Lochardil. We will certainly be returning the next time we are in Inverness.

Room Tip: The garden annex is very accessible and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dougal15
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your very kind review. We were glad we were able to upgrade you and that you had an enjoyable stay. I am very pleased that you found our excellent staff 'great' They are our best asset. I am also pleased that my 'high profile' son ensured you had a pleasant time with us. Regards Graeme

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had cause to spend a couple of nights at this hotel recently and found the experience very enjoyable. Whilst I was there I spent a lot of time working in the room making use of the wifi. The staff were very helpfully and the hotel is a pleasant 20 minute walk into a beautiful city, or a 20 minute drive to loch ness. The scenery is beautiful and the breakfast plentiful. The only negative would be the price which I found 10-15 pound over the going rate.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AnotherGeordie

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you Graeme

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just returned from a 2 day stay at the above establishment. Situated in the outskirts of Inverness it is based on a country house built about the 1780's but with a modern update and a small annex which was our location ( Room 22 if you want ours) Every facility was supplied Great size TV Bed comfortable. Fridge in room. Tea making etc. clean towels both days. Excellent shower. Patio doors to a small secluded area, overlooking extensive gardens. The annes was exactly 104 steps from the main building which was the location for meals. You will see an earlier comment by someone complaining about the walk!!!! No further comment. Meals held in conservatory area attached to the main building. Exccellent menu catering for all tastes and reasonably priced. Lounge and other area available well furnished. All staff were exceedingly nice. Papers available for room delivery. Being in the "later stages of life" my wife and I have stayed in several Best Western Hotels and we would rank this top of the list. If you knew " her indoors" that really is praise. The stay could not be faulted. While a car is handy, bus service is at the door.

Room Tip: Go for room 22,23,24
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ernest B
GCGM-Inverness, Owner at Best Western Plus Inverness Lochardil House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your very kind revie. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here. We try our best but as perhaps you have noticed it is not always easy to please everyone ! However reviews such as yours cheer us up. Thank you

Graeme