A bit of a splurge this, on the last night of a long weekend in the HIghlands.
Found a bargain offer on the internet, and on arrival, it being distinctly out of season, the friendly and welcoming front desk staff upgraded us to a superior room, parked the car and helped us up there with our heavy bags (one small rucksack...)
After a spirited round of croquet (naturally, darling) on the lawn (I let my wife win, although she claims her victory was on merit...) and a stroll round the grounds, we went in to dress for dinner (not that one has to, but it seemed like fun.
Our bathroom contained an enormous bath with jacuzzi nozzles and whatnot, underwater lighting etc. and posh soaps and things that my wife found very exciting. The hotel's resident piper started playing outside as we were getting changed. So what if it's a cliche, it was fun. I don't get to stay in a posh country pile outside Inverness every day.
Decent dinner - far from cheap, but very enjoyable, followed by a great night;s sleep.
I'd go back like a shot.
Lovely work, congratulations and thanks to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conde Nast Gold list property, Georgian Country House which boasts first class service in the Capitol of the Scottish Highlands. Award winning cuisine, magnificent walled garden and gracious rooms await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Culloden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Culloden House Hotel Inverness
- Culloden Hotel Inverness
- Culloden House Inverness, Scotland