“Nice hotel in central location”

Mercure Inverness Hotel
Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel in central location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

This hotel is an excellent base for visiting Inverness, its location is close to many restaurants, attractions and bus and train stations. The staff are very pleasant and professional and willing to assist if required. We had a river view room which was lovely and it was clean and well presented. The car parking facility is another bonus in a city centre location. The only reason its not a five star review is because I telephoned to ask about accessing the on site parking prior to arrival and spoke to Becky who was rude and abrupt when asked a simple query. Would recommend a stay here if Inverness.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am glad that you enjoyed the majority of your stay. We do not have any Becky working here but I will try to find out who you spoke to and ensure it doesnt happen again.
Fraser Peterkin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I spent five days here in one of their privilege rooms over looking the river.
I booked early and the price was very reasonable. The room was much bigger than i expected.
The pic ive included of the bed was after a tidy up of the room after day 3, not as we found on day one.
Parking was free as was the internet than run at good speed.
It was great to have a bath tub to relax in after walking the attractions.
Its position in the city center makes it ideal.
There were robes, slippers and a coffee machine that i never got round to using.
A ironing boad and iron wernt supplied but i didnt ask for them either. They may of had some somewhere. Staff were excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John Anthony S
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and for sharing the lovely photos you took while staying with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the time to explore our lovely city.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

The hotel has an excellent location. I was surprised by the decadently large room by European standards, very nice view over the river, far more comfortable than anything I experienced in the whole Scotland. Parking was right on the river bank with easy access and lots of restaurants in walking distance. Yes, the entrance on the city side is close to a club, very noisy, lots of people hanging out on Saturday night but it was OK. I'll definitely stay there again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and chose to share these views.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Booked into the Mercure Inverness on a business trip. The hotel is in a central location with good access to the town and a well equipped gym, sauna and swimming pool in the lower ground floor. I stayed twice at this hotel on separate occasions during this trip. The first time was on the fifth floor in the front of the hotel, the noise from the street at 3am was ridiculous, I nearly went to the street myself to shut them up! For the second visit I requested the back of the hotel (top tip) and the room was very quiet all night. The wifi is rubbish so don't invest in the cost (~£9 a day) as it's not much better than the free wifi and certainly my 3G was faster. The breakfast is ok but make sure that you arrive early or the breakfast food sits on a heated counter drying out, as standard breakfast food is not cooked to order. The rooms are adequate; clean, equipped to a reasonable standard and comfortable. Little surprised to see graffiti on the wall of room 512 that hadn't been removed or repainted. All in all an adequate hotel for an overnight business stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank g30fftodd
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I appreciate your constructive feedback and will look into the issues you have mentioned.
I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Mercure Inverness in the future.
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We spent a week-end at the Mercure Inverness in January 2014, the location is very central in the town centre, we arrived by train and it's a five minute walk from the train station.

We stayed in a superior room and it was OK for the money, not luxury but clean and comfortable. Other areas of the hotel were looking dated, windows are old and some carpets worn but not to the point of being unacceptable just probably in need or a refit.

The staff were all friendly and the breakfast buffet was good, hot English/Scottish breakfast items and coffee as you'd expect.

If you can get a good price for a room it's a good location, go for the rooms at the rear that over-look the river.

Room Tip: Choose superior rooms, at the rear, as high as possible.