“Noisy street” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Inverness Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Mercure Inverness Hotel
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
“Noisy street”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Booked into the Mercure Inverness on a business trip. The hotel is in a central location with good access to the town and a well equipped gym, sauna and swimming pool in the lower ground floor. I stayed twice at this hotel on separate occasions during this trip. The first time was on the fifth floor in the front of the hotel, the noise from the street at 3am was ridiculous, I nearly went to the street myself to shut them up! For the second visit I requested the back of the hotel (top tip) and the room was very quiet all night. The wifi is rubbish so don't invest in the cost (~£9 a day) as it's not much better than the free wifi and certainly my 3G was faster. The breakfast is ok but make sure that you arrive early or the breakfast food sits on a heated counter drying out, as standard breakfast food is not cooked to order. The rooms are adequate; clean, equipped to a reasonable standard and comfortable. Little surprised to see graffiti on the wall of room 512 that hadn't been removed or repainted. All in all an adequate hotel for an overnight business stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank g30fftodd
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I appreciate your constructive feedback and will look into the issues you have mentioned.
I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Mercure Inverness in the future.
Fraser Peterkin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We spent a week-end at the Mercure Inverness in January 2014, the location is very central in the town centre, we arrived by train and it's a five minute walk from the train station.

We stayed in a superior room and it was OK for the money, not luxury but clean and comfortable. Other areas of the hotel were looking dated, windows are old and some carpets worn but not to the point of being unacceptable just probably in need or a refit.

The staff were all friendly and the breakfast buffet was good, hot English/Scottish breakfast items and coffee as you'd expect.

If you can get a good price for a room it's a good location, go for the rooms at the rear that over-look the river.

Room Tip: Choose superior rooms, at the rear, as high as possible.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MLR1971
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Mercure Inverness. I appreciate your constructive feedback, we do have a lengthy programme of work planned for the Hotel and hope to have this started very soon.
I am glad that you found our team friendly, I will share your thoughts with them and I am sure this will encourage them to keep up their hard work and efforts.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here with a colleauge on a Tuesday night during December. Location is perfect on the banks of the River in sthe City Centre close to all shops and amenities. Parking is at the rear of the hotel - Make sure reception have your car reg number. Quick and friendly check in and upstairs to a fifth floor room. Room was huge with a desk and plenty space to spread out with the Laptop etc. Room was clean comfortable and despite facing the Christmas revellers quiet. My colleauge and I had supper in the Bar - A bowl of Chef's Soup, Roast Tomato which was piping hot and bursting with flavour together with some warm bread followed by Sirloin Steak and Chips which also hit the spot.Comfortable nights sleep followed by a well cooked and presented breakfast with all the favourites including fried eggs cooked perfectly from the Buffet.A slick and friendly check out followed and we were on our way. Perfect hotel if you are in Inverness overnight on Buisness.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Balgyboy
Dear Guest
Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay with us, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and took the time to share it with other travellers.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night, mid-week and mid-January. Booked online a twin room, no breakfast. The hotel is bang in the centre of Inverness, very handy for shopping and places to eat all within a 5 minute walk. parking in the hotel car park was easy (£2, pay at reception) and the public areas of the hotel are plush and spacious. Reception staff very pleasant and the room was a real treat - facing the riverfront, very well appointed, beautifully clean. we had a great night's sleep (could have had a dip in the hotel pool, too) & think it's the location that makes this worth booking. We'd go again, definitely.

Room Tip: Ask for front-facing. read the very informative hard-backed guide in the room. Great coffee in Churc...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am glad that youe enjoyed your short visit. I will share your review with our team and I am sure this will encourage them to keep up their hard work.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Staying for a long weekend in Inverness we had a wonderful time at the Mercure. Despite its somewhat faded facade, the interior was wonderful. The owner welcomed us in and personally carried our bags in, even running over to the local market to purchase my wife a replacement umbrella when she realised she had forgotten hers. The health spa in the basement is great too, the staff will even join you for a dip if you are a nervous swimmer. Finally, the views over the River Ness leading to Loch Ness are to die for, although we never spotted *Nessie!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I will share your comments with our team and I am sure this will encourage them to keep up the good work.
I can only apologise that Nessie did not make an appearance during your visit, I think she may be in sunnier climates for the Winter so hopefully if you visit us again you may be lucky and spot her!