Mercure Inverness Hotel
$312
$119
  • Pool
1,301 results
All reviewsthe rivera river view roomsuperior roomreception stafftrain stationcity centreloch nesshighlands
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The staff were really friendly and helpful, the rooms were beautiful and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was amazing for the money and the location was unbeatable. Only downside was that we could hear the other guests in their room, and bathrooms for that matter, and that blocking out the noise from the street did not work a 100% but still one of the best places we staved at

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the pakring area rather than the streets
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your constructive feedback and we will use this as we work continually try to improve our service.
I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your visit to the UK and have a safe journey home.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Have recently returned from a stay at this hotel. In the main the hotel is (a) centrally located (b) clean and (c) majority of staff do care about the service they provide. The hotel however is in desperate need of refurbishment as fixtures and fittings are really worn however there are some things management can do to improve this. Throughout my stay curtains were hanging down in the breakfast restaurant which were not repaired, not in my opinion a big job and something which can easily be put right. Perception after all is reality and if they cannot be bothered to repair a curtain what else can they not be bothered about. In addition I did experience attitude from one of the breakfast servers (the old lady with collar length brown hair) who displayed real attitude when I asked to sit next to the widow, despite the restaurant being empty and based on the other mornings attendance, would not fill up in the 30 mins I was there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I appreciate your constructive and honest feedback and we will use this as we contiinue to try and improve our service.
I am sincerely sorry that you encountered issues while staying with us, please be assured that we will rectify these.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had a reservation confirmed and paid for three months in advance of our trip. After 3 1/2 hour train ride we arrived to find out no rooms were available. The staff mumbled a weak "Very sorry, but we have booked you to another hotel." I asked to speak to the manager and she apologized about a computer problem and our reservation had not been confirmed, even though I showed her a printout of payment confirmation. Her response was to hand me a map with the location of the hotel who accepted our reservation. I suggested she get us a cab at no charge and come up with something better as recompensation. She offered one evening meal at the other hotel. I was so disgusted with their total disregard for the inconvenience they caused that I couldn't wait to leave and accepted the offer. Stay away from this place and avoid their incompetency.

Room Tip: Don"t book a room. This place is a waste of your time and money.
1  Thank jl3_73

Dear Guest
Please accept my sincere apologies that we were not able to honour your reservation with us, this was due to a systems error. If you would like to contact my Operations Manager, Suzan Latto, directly at the Hotel we would be more than happy to look at ways of making amends with you.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Good location, very central and therefore noisy from the pubs on Friday and Saturday nights. Rooms are spacious and clean but hotel in need of refurbishment.
I would probably stay in a riverside hotel next time.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I appreciate your constructive and positive feedback. We will use this as we continue to try and improve our service.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the future and you will notice the improvments we are making.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com