“Good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Hotel met all my needs. The room was good, the food was good and the gym facilities, whilst basic, met my needs. The Hotel could do with updating, but the staff are well coming and friendly. I was pleased I had good Internet connection in my room. Overall a good stay and I will be returning again next month.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and also for choosing to stay with us again, it is always a pleasure to welcome returning and new guests alike.
I am pleased that you found time to make use of our leisure facilities when you stayed. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.
Fraser Peterkin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

The room was spacious even with the baby cot. The pool was lovely and warm and the other spa facilities were also nice. Unfortunately the hot water in the room was a bit erratic - fine one moment then too cold the next. Overall it was a very enjoyable time. The museum in Inverness was very interesting and the castle was impressive to look at - it would have been nice to look round were this converted to a tourist atraction.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you visited Inverness and thank you for sharing your views with other travellers.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Inverness and I appreciate your thoughts, I also agree with you about the Castle, it would be great to have it more visitor friendly in the future.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Not only am I tired after a three day stay here but so are the rooms. The room i had has a pituresque view from the window of the wheelie bins and a skip. the room itself is in need of a total refurb bed knackered toilet failed to flush properly and on the final day no hot water from the shower. When I reported this at checkout all I got was a mumbled reply that it must have been down to excessive use of the residents. As for the noise take ear plugs the hotel is situated on a main entertainment thoroughfare. Which keeps you awake until 3am in the morning. Avoid at all cost I certainly won't be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Norman K
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am sorry to see that your stay was not our usual standard. Our beds are checked on a daily basis by our House Keeping team and replaced where needed from the large stock we keep at the Hotel, I am sorry that you also had a problem with our plumbing. I will of course, get these issues checked and rectified.
Fraser Peterkin

Travelers are raving about these Inverness hotels

derby
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've stayed at the Mercure on a few occasions now. I find the hotel to be very average in many ways. On the plus side it has a decent gym (you need to book the free weights well in advance) and now has free wifi in the rooms (this one is recent, previously you had to sit in the lobby for a signal). On the down side there is a lack of parking and the noise on the street side (as opposed to the river side) from revellers in the wee hours is terrible (and don't count on school nights being the exception).
The restaurant and bar are in the lobby. This does makes for comfort as you can go from your room to the bar to the restaurant without having to bring your coat. That said there are a lot of restaurants and bars within easy walking distance from the hotel. The hotel does front the river but I have never been lucky enough to have been allocated a room with a view.
The rooms are quite small, double bed (quite comfy), tv, phone, dresser, an annoyingly small ironing station, cupboard and separate bathroom (bath/shower). The showers are pretty good.
Breakfast is a standard UK buffet. Dinner menu is pretty decent - normal UK fare. They do close the restaurant early most nights, but you can still eat off the same menu in the bar.

Room Tip: Do whatever it takes to get a river facing room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pompies
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Mercure Inverness and for taking the time to review your stay. I appreciate your constructive feedback and I am sure many other travellers will too.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future and please do ask for a river side room when making your reservation or at check in.
glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is the best located hotel in the city by a mile with views out over the river, it's own car park, and convenient for the station.
The rooms and public areas are welcoming enough but needing major expenditure to bring them up to date.
Whoever wants a pink bathroom off the public area?
having stayed here three times recently I cannot fault the staff who are friendly and keen to help but for a city centre hotel in one of the major business and tourist locations in the highlands it is less than overwhelming.
The three different categories of room that I stayed in were all adequate, with free wifi, but drab.
Great location and would stay the again simply because of that but come on Mercure ~ spend some money on an upgrade.
And whilst it is nice to have a pool do you really need to smell it from everywhere in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank stewartscotland1151
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Mercure Inverness. I appreciate your constructive feedback and we do listen very carefully to all our guests, we do have a planned programme of investment in the Hotel and hope you will see these improvments in the future.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Where to start that is the point! Overall the hotel is nice looking but looks are very deceptive. The Lobby and reception area looks nice and professional however the rest of the hotel fails to live up to the same standards. The bedrooms where of a nice size but be warned the walls of the hotel are very thin!!. I recently stayed in room 212 and the rooms where so thin that nearly every night i could hear the bathroom taps dripping in the next room!!. And also avoid room 214 as the window won't open at all and the bottom of the room doors does not touch the floor with the carpet their is about a 2 inch gap between the bottom of the door and the carpet.The level of service was poor and this was clearly evident on my first morning when i was rudely awakened by the ringing of the hotels fire alarms and guests staying in the hotel at the time where given conflicting messages one member of staff told us to get out the rooms whilst another member of staff told us not to worry about the sound of the fire alarms. Now surely if the fire alarm is ringing then its best to evacuate the hotel to be on the safe side right? That's what i taught but no with the fire alarms still ringing we were told to just wait down in reception until further instructions. The breakfast was not what i expected!! Im used to staying in hotels and expect most breakfasts to largely the same. Oh how wrong i was the breakfast menu stated what was on the buffet however when you went up to the buffet half the items that were on the menu were not present throughout the whole length of my stay!! And when i asked a member of the breakfast staff for a pot of tea i never received it at all so im still waiting on my pot of tea. Overall the hotel looks nice but the looks are very deceptive my advice to the hotel is get some money and finish making the rest of the hotel look like the nice reception lobby area and then work on your standards and staffing issues and you might just have the makings of a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank robross_12
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am dissapointed to hear that your stay was not to our usual standard and you were not satisfied. I would obviously like the opportunity to address your issues but feel that may be better in conversation so please feel free to contact me or my Operations Manager, Suzan Latto, at the Hotel where we will be happy to discuss your stay.
I would like to note that during your stay we had an issue with another guest setting our alarm system off with the shower in the room, when our staff told you not to worry we had already found this problem so knew there was no threat to any other guests.
As we were not given the opportunity to address these issues during your stay or on check out I would appreciate it if you could take the time to contact Suzan at your convenience.
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I found this hotel very comfortable. My room was facing the street and I was in no way affected by noise..it was very quiet (perhaps this was because it was a Monday night). I found the front desk very helpful and accomodating.
I needed and additional pillow to prop myself and the staff was only too willing to provide :-)
The night that I stayed there it was snowing and I didn't really feel like dining out so I brough back some Indian food from a local establishment. Although it was delicious, the restaurant forgot to pack cuttlery with my take out so the dining room of the Mercure was very accomodating and allowed me to bring some cuttlery up to my room.
The water pressure was strong and the bathtub was nice and deap.
The breakfast buffet was plentiful and I really enjoyed the mix of hot and cold.
I would recommend the Mercure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Mercure Inverness. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my team were on hand to help you out when needed.
I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.
Fraser Peterkin

Why not follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook for up to date news and offers?