Mercure Inverness Hotel
$181
$163
$152
Great 4.5/5
Holiday Inn Express Inverness(Inverness)(Great Value!)
$153
Kingsmills Hotel(Inverness)
$204
$169
  • Pool
Macdonald Drumossie Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
$143
$106
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
1,280 results
All reviewsthe rivera river view roomsuperior roomreception stafftrain stationcity centreloch nesshighlands
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Another great visit to the Mercure...river view ..loved the upgraded rooms and the most comfortable bed and pillows. Great city centre location for teenagers to go off shopping. Fab homemade desserts - chocolate salted caramel and tart tatin were amazing- eaten in the Lounge Bar- which we prefer being less formal.

Room Tip: Chose river views and newly refurbished room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will pass your praise on to our Head Chef, Lynsey is always please to get such good feedback.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I spent one week at the mercure hotel for business travel. At my arrival, a Sunday around 8:00pm, I wanted to have dinner to their restaurant. Plenty of tables were available but I was told that they were laid for breakfast. They proposed me to eat at the bar! Also I asked for hot chocolate at breakfast. They told me that they didn't have it on menu. I found the service really bad.
The room was very small with broken furniture, the bathroom was not modern at all ( I didn't have enough pressure for shower), no fridge and no safety deposit box.
The rate of the room is not low and also you need to pay to have wire internet in the room ( no wifi available in the room) and for the parking lot.
The swimmig pool in pretty small and close at 8:00 pm, it is very early.
There is a lot of hotels in Inverness, I am not recommend this one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Businesstraveler1012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of your stay with us at Mercure Inverness. I am sorry that you encountered some issues during your stay, I will share these issues with our team and use them to improve our service.
Our Leisure Club is open from 7am - 9pm Monday - Friday and 8am - 8pm Saturday and Sunday, I am sorry if it was closed when you arrived but I do hope you found time to use it during the week. Although we do not have Hot Chocolate on our menu we do provide it for any guest on request as happened at your request I believe.
I am disturbed to hear your report of "broken furniture" our House Keeping team check all maintenance issues on a daily basis and get repairs done as required.
I hope this will not deter you from staying with Mercure in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have just returned from a 2 night weekend. Room was excellent overlooking river in a superior room very spacious and because it was a superior room we had free access to Internet and movies, which we didn't use. Leisure facilities were really good we had free towels and the use of the pool, sauna and steam room all to ourselves. Breakfast the first Morning was a little dissapointing in that when we went down to the restaurant there were only about 8 guests in the dinning room including us but there were no large plates out for cooked breakfast and no beans. When I asked about this I stood for quite a while waiting for beans, which really don't take long to heat, eventually they arrived lookwarm but still edible. You are also given a menu stating u can have the kitchen make things like poached eggs etc but as no member of staff came near us after the initial seating we didn't take advantage of this service. However, in saying all this the next morning was much better although we decided not to partake of the cooked breakfast!! The hotel can't be better located for the centre of Inverness everything on your doorstep. Live music amazing we went to The Room on the Saturday night and saw live band Rave fantastic and venue open till 1pm. Second night (Sunday) went to the Gellion bar and saw Andy Duncan amazing entertainment had everyone up dancing and a good range of music from Scottish country music to Rod Stewart. Food wise we ate at Sams Indian restaurant and had a lovely meal on Saturday, Sunday night we at at a weatherspoons and again great prices and very reasonable food. This was the first time in Inverness and it most certainly won't be the last will defo go again and would definitely stay at the Mercure though I would probably pay the wee bit extra for the superior room. All in all fantastic 2 days away.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review after your stay with us at Mercure Inverness, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and have chosen to let other travellers know about this! I appreciate your constructive feedback and will share this with our team to help us improve our service.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Essentially here is my experience at The mercur hotel in Inverness Scotland on 10/2/2012.

We booked the hotel through the Scotland tourist board. The web site for the hotel initially appeared to meet our needs. We were traveling through Scotland and Inverness was on our agenda.

The car park was completely full with several spaces being used by hotel cars and many spaces were blocked by a tour bus. We were able to get a space after waiting about 30 minutes. There was no offer by the staff to assist with finding a space or alternative parking, we were told to wait.

The lobby was shabby with very worn furniture, the carpet was old and stained, the windows also dirty

When we checked in we were given a twin room. The staff was efficient but lacked any warmth or welcoming.

The elevator was dirty, the tracks of the doors were caked with dirt. The mirrors required cleaning.

Upstairs a fire door leading to our room was held open with a fire extinguisher. Again the carpets in the halls were stained and worn. The walls were scuffed and damaged.

The room was small with 2 twin beds. The mattresses were old and very poor quality, the room was exceptionally hot. When we sat on the beds they rolled away from us.
The bedside lights did not work.

The room was noisy, when I called and asked for a room overlooking the river, I was told they would check it out and call me back, no-one did. I enquired later and was told the hotel was full. It was very quiet for a full hotel. We were tired from traveling and did not pursue it any further.

The plumbing was noisy and sounded like it would explode when used. The room was stuffy requiring the window to be kept open all night, with the noise of the street below it was not a restful night.

We stopped for a drink in the bar before going out to dinner we overheard a wait person respond to a guest very rudely when she enquired about the wait time for her dinner.

When we checked out we were charged 12 GPB for use of the internet. The hotel staff again did not inquire about our stay and were indifferent to our dissatisfaction. We did not complain further we were happy to leave.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 425Barbara

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, my sincere apologies that you were not entirely happy with your stay. I am a little dissapointed that this review was written without the mention of our correspondence after your stay and the fact that you were compensated for certain issues.
As discussed, this is not our usual level of service and unfortunately our Guest Care Manager at the time of your stay was not given the opportunity to rectify some of these issues as they were only reported after your stay.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Just returned after 2days with family. The staff were great, verypolite and always acknowledged you even when they were busy. We were on a half board basis and found the menu choice good and value for money, nothing was overly priced. They also did a set menu for £22. Our rooms were spacious and facing the river, therefore we were not affected with any street noise.My 83yr old mum enjoyed the views and the easy access from the car park to hotel and access onto the main shopping area from the front of the hotel. We enjoyed the pool and Steam/Sauna all to ourselves and the leisure staff were very helpful. Overall a great hotel if you want to be central for shopping or sightseeing. One wee word of warning, watch the lift, the doors close very quickly and it takes off, my hubby never got out by the time me and mum got out the doors had shut..we found it funny but not so if it had been a child in there. Also watch if you order the Tagatelli, for some strange reason they put balsamic vinegar at the bottom, it just does'nt go with cream sauce, it spolied it .

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back..and mind the lift doors..be quick..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Mercure Inverness, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the time to use our leisure facilities.
I also appreciate your constructive feedback and will share your thoughts on the balsamic vinegar with our Head Chef.