We recently had our wedding at the Waterside Hotel and would thoroughly recommend it as a wedding venue. Prior to the wedding day, Mr. Manson was very helpful and attentive in assisting us with our planning. My husband and I stayed at the hotel in the 'honeymoon' suite a few days before and after our wedding (and our room was offered on the night of our wedding). This room is gorgeous - spacious and with a view on the river Ness.
We had our ceremony in the function room which was tastefully decorated and arranged, we then went through to the lounge bar/conservatory area for our aperitif (which we had exclusive use of) and our guests were served champagne and canapes. Following this, we went back into the function suite for our wedding meal and party. All of our guests agreed that the food was just fantastic and that the service was curteous and efficient (we had table service for the wine and our glasses were never empty!). There was a large dance floor area for our ceilidh. In terms of location, we were able to have beautiful photos taken in front of the river and with the cathedral in the background. The hotel is a 15 minute walk from both the train and bus stations which was very useful for travelling guests.
In relation to the hotel itself, the rooms were clean, the breakfast offered is ample and served by friendly waiting staff, the restaurant meals were good. The only points that we'd mention in terms of potential improvement would be the installation of a lift (it was quite hard to move our luggage up and down stairs) and the night porter needs to be trained on how to serve after hour drinks to residents - unfortunately he was fairly clueless as to how to make any drinks or where to find the stock. Overall - a wonderful hotel with lovely staff members - thank you for making our day so special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully and centrally located on the river Ness banks, The Waterside Hotel offers comfortable accommodation, very friendly staff and outstanding cuisine. Management at staff will help you plan your stay in Inverness making sure you make the best of your stay in the capital of the Highlands. Inverness city centre, Eden Court Theatre, Saint Andrews Cathedral and The Ness Islands are all within 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Loch Ness is 8 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotel.de, Priceline, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The Waterside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside Hotel Inverness
- The Waterside Hotel Inverness, Scotland