In August, my elderly mother and I stayed at The Waterside for a week. The hotel is situated right on the bank of the River Ness and a few hundred yards walk from the City Centre.
All staff were professional with the reception staff particularly welcoming. On arrival, we discovered that our room was on the first floor and there was no lift. My mother has mobility issues and the stairs were a problem for her. Reception staff did try to move us to a ground floor room however could not due to bookings for a Wedding. Prior to booking the room, no where on the hotel's website did it state there was no lift and that people with mobility issues should request a ground floor room when booking. This is something to think about if mobility is an issue. Prior to writing this review I checked the hotel's website to see if it had been updated to mention there is no lift - it has not.
We had a standard twin room with en-suite shower room. The bedroom was functional although there was not much storage - enough for two/three days but for two people for a week, there could have been more however when requested, more hangers appeared! The room was clean but rather bland. There was no view - the window looked out onto the pebble dashed wall of another part of the building. If you looked sideways, you could see the River.
The shower room was spacious and smart. Towels were replaced daily if you wished.
Breakfast was in The Reflections restaurant - plenty of choice of juices, cereals, fruit, cheese, ham, pastries, croissants with an excellent cooked breakfast. Restaurant staff were prompt, courteous and professional.
We ate one dinner in The Reflections restaurant - the best Aberdeen Angus beef burger tasted for many a year with Onion rings to die for! It was, however, somewhat expensive.
If we venture north again, I am sure we will stay at The Waterside, however we know now to request a ground floor room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully and centrally located on the river Ness banks, The Waterside Hotel offers comfortable accommodation, very friendly staff and outstanding cuisine. Management at staff will help you plan your stay in Inverness making sure you make the best of your stay in the capital of the Highlands. Inverness city centre, Eden Court Theatre, Saint Andrews Cathedral and The Ness Islands are all within 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Loch Ness is 8 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Priceline, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Waterside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside Hotel Inverness
- The Waterside Hotel Inverness, Scotland