Room and food OK; staff in bar and restaurant fine. Reception dreadful; managerial staff superficially helpful but not really that interested.
Arrived and tried to book in but was told that they had no record of our booking (made via LateRooms.com). On showing the e-mail confirming the booking, receptionist simply said, "We have no record of it." and turned away and ignored us. (She was then pretty rude to another customer on the phone.) The duty manager then appeared by chance and was gushingly helpful but hardly sincere. Eventually, issue was resolved and they "found a room" for us but we were never given an apology nor made to think it was anyone's fault but ours.
Correspondence after visit with manager produced a half-hearted apology; contacted LateRooms to inform them of the difficulties we had had and they offered to speak with the hotel on our behalf. Only then were we offered a partial refund - best described as "token" I would say. My acknowledgement of and thanks for this refund has so far (3+ weeks) received no reply.
Definitely won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully and centrally located on the river Ness banks, The Waterside Hotel offers comfortable accommodation, very friendly staff and outstanding cuisine. Management at staff will help you plan your stay in Inverness making sure you make the best of your stay in the capital of the Highlands. Inverness city centre, Eden Court Theatre, Saint Andrews Cathedral and The Ness Islands are all within 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Loch Ness is 8 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Waterside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside Hotel Inverness
- The Waterside Hotel Inverness, Scotland