My partner and I have stayed at the Waterside on a few occasions and it became our favourite hotel in Inverness. The rooms were spacious and the staff friendly. We enjoyed the quiet pleasant location by the river offering walks on the paths and along the canal, and yet with easy access to the city centre facilities. We were planning a return trip in September intending to stay in one of the superior rooms in the Felstead annex but were very dismayed to discover that it now costs £170 per night for a superior room and £140 for a standard one. This tariff is ridiculous and way above what we're prepared to pay even for a great hotel. In an economic downturn I'm surprised hotels survive charging this kind of rate. In the UK there's a huge gulf between the cost of goods, products & services and what they are actually worth. The sooner prices drop dramatically to reflect what things are actually worth, the better. Sadly unless the Waterside's tariff reduces significantly we will not be staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully and centrally located on the river Ness banks, The Waterside Hotel offers comfortable accommodation, very friendly staff and outstanding cuisine. Management at staff will help you plan your stay in Inverness making sure you make the best of your stay in the capital of the Highlands. Inverness city centre, Eden Court Theatre, Saint Andrews Cathedral and The Ness Islands are all within 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Loch Ness is 8 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Waterside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside Hotel Inverness
- The Waterside Hotel Inverness, Scotland