“Help needed”

William Morrison Jeweller's
Ranked #11 of 26 Shopping in Inverness
More attraction details
Owner description: Fabulous creations in gold and silver for the patron with discriminating tastes.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Help needed”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I need to contact William Morrison by email, but I can't find an email address anywhere. Can you please pass on my email address for them to contact me. Would be much appreciated. Thank you , R Snell

Visited September 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Astounded”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I gave 1 rating for the service as the few pieces I asked them to repair were done perfectly, but, this piece - SEE PICTURE - although it's not the most expensive piece of jewellery in the world it was given to me when I had my son and is therefore of great sentimental value, so I was astounded and shocked when they repaired it with wire in 2 places - see photo.

Now, they said to me when I collected my pieces that this bracelet was very worn, yes that's why I wanted it repaired, I wanted a few new links put in....NOT WIRE.... I actually never noticed the wire until I got home (shop is quite dark) if I'd noticed I would have said something then and there.

I have decided not to go back and ask them to explain and am instead going to another jeweller to have it fixed.
NOT a good service at all and will definitely NEVER go back with my more expensive pieces.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank MK13_11
WMorrison, Owner at William Morrison Jeweller's, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am very pleased that this customer was happy with the quality of the repairs which we carried out for her. It is to be noted that this repair was given back in exactly the same condition as it was handed in to us as we felt it was too badly worn to repair successfully. I know of no jeweller who would ever use thin wire to repair any piece of jewellery! Having been in the jewellery trade for the past 38 years, and my family for the past 70 years, I have heard some incredibly funny stories, but this one takes the biscuit! Perhaps the customer would care to come into the shop to apologise and remove her erroneous remark from Trip Advisor.
Austin, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“a minor watch problem handled with great service”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was directed to William Morrison's for help with my watch while on vacation. They have a small shop in the Victorian Market in Inverness, which has a number of fun, touristy shops in a central location.
One of the watch jewels had come loose and was causing the second hand to hang on it, thus making the time inaccurate (when I first noticed it, I thought the battery had gone dead). I had gone to a Rolex place in Aberdeen (the watch wasn't a Rolex but they were right around the corner so I thought I'd see if they could help), and they quickly determined it wasn't the battery but the loose jewel, so then couldn't be bothered to do anything more. So, I waited until I had more time in Inverness to see if I could find a real repair shop.
The salesperson at William Morrison said they could fix it for a minor amount of money (a few pounds, no more than four), and even better, could have it for me in a half hour, so I took advantage of the time to do a little souvenir shopping in the fun Victorian Market.
When I returned to the shop, the salesperson said they had been unable to repair it because the glue would have taken too much time to set before the crystal could have been replaced (glue fumes might have affected the works), so they removed the loose jewel and put it in a plastic bag so that the watch would work for the rest of the vacation, and I could see about getting the repair done afterward.
They charged me nothing for this, which I thought was very generous considering it still took their time to deal with, and I got back a working watch, so I was very pleased with the result.
I didn't buy anything else in their store, but they looked to have some good quality items, so would be worth investigating if you were looking for those kinds of goods, and the sales lady was very nice.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank pseudonym
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Appalling Service”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I took a brand new watch into this jewellers today to have a link taken out as it was too big, when I called back later to collect the watch a woman served me she gave me a brown envelope with my watch in it it was in three pieces she said it had broken when they tried to take the link out. They gave no offer of apology, offer of repair or compensation when I queried this she called the manager who told me to take it back to the supplier. I told him I could not do this as it had been bought for me in America by a friend, he then replied well it is a cheap watch. I was with a friend and we were both shocked at his lack of concern and his attitude. I will never shop there again and will make people aware of their lack of customer service.

Visited May 2013
18 Thank Fiona B
WMorrison, Owner at William Morrison Jeweller's, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
As fully and politely explained to this customer at the time. The watch was of very inferior quality being made of plated lead, and as such was of very little value. The customers argument should be with the manufacturer of same and not with us. Any watch should be able to withstand the easy process of having a link removed.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Small spender - BIG SERVICE”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I can only say that when I recently went to this shop for watch batteries and advice I was completely satisfied with their service and the so helpful advice given. They provided me with all the items I required, gave an honest and helpful appraisal of my old Seiko watch and had new batteries fitted to three items within their stated 30 minutes.
Faultless, friendly, fair-prices - definitely an establishment to be recommended.
Previously posted "bad reviews" must be way off-line - probably from sad people who love to complain about everything.

Visited May 2012