“A great old fashioned Jewellers and watch makers”

William Morrison Jeweller's
Ranked #24 of 27 Shopping in Inverness
More attraction details
Owner description: Fabulous creations in gold and silver for the patron with discriminating tastes.
Reviewed April 1, 2011

This treasure of a shop lies within the Victorian Market of Inverness.

We received fantastic service from the owner Mr Morrison who took plenty of time to help my wife select a beautiful bracelet that was very reasonably priced. It seemed that nothing was too much trouble. Service like this is rare nowadays.

In addition to jewellry the shop stocks a great selection of Quachs, hip flasks and Masonic items.

To be highly recommended.

6  Thank InvernessMatt1971

Reviewed March 22, 2011

We went into this jewellers for a replacement battery the owner was away so a member of staff proceeded to try and remove the back several times without success with that he left several scratches. We went back to see the owner on his return oh not a problem he said I will just buff them out, the watch will be good as new adding who will see the back anyway a most arrangant man we have ever come across according to other jewellers this is quite a routine of theirs not advisable to shop there to the buffing man.

7  Thank mags027
WMorrison, Owner at William Morrison Jeweller's, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2011

My family has been in the jewellery trade for some 85 years. Be assured, we take utmost care when fitting watch batteries. We supply several thousands every year to our very satisfied customers at a reasonable price compared to other local jewellers. Unfortunately, as most reasonable people would accept, some watch backs can be problematic to remove.

We offered to restore this gentleman's watch last December but he refused to leave it with us preferring instead to bombard us with personal insults since then. He eventually gave the watch to us recently and we polished the back, restoring the watch to the original condition free of charge, to his complete satisfaction.

We endeavour to treat our many customers with due respect regardless of their attitude towards us and naturally we expect the same treatment in return.

Reviewed November 23, 2009

Brilliant shop, I was looking for a special pocket watch,.. but for a youngster. The staff rolled out their stock and allowed me to poke and prod before selecting. You can spend a time just simply looking around, as unlike a high street brand as you can get. I hope they get the support that will allow them to keep trading against the humdrum mediocre high street brands.

4  Thank UKLoopy
Reviewed August 19, 2009

This is the nicest jewellers Ive ever been to. The staff were really friendly and so helpful. The quality of stock is amazing. Its a treasure chest of jewellery. And real value for money too.

4  Thank sazmonkey
See more reviews
Reviewed August 4, 2009

i had a brand new (expensive) bracelet that had gotten bent at the link i took it into this shop for repair and within months they scrapped it. When it was ready to be collected they sent me a card with the telephone number which turned out to be a fax number & when i went into the shop with my receipt with my little boy with me, two members of staff (one the owner) got very aggressive with me and swore at me to get out of his shop, calling me an unfit mother in the process. all because i asked him why he had scrapped it when i had up to a year to pick it up. I will be taking them to a small court for scrapping my bracelet and i would strongly advise using the other jewellers in the market whom are all very friendly.
I hope this has helped