“Lovely Garden and Tea Room”

Inverness Botanic Gardens
Ranked #8 of 93 things to do in Inverness
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in 1993 by Prince Edward, Inverness Botanic Gardens, formerly Inverness Floral Hall & Gardens, are an oasis of calm and beauty within walking distance of the city centre. With each new season the outside gardens are an explosion of colour and texture, and borders are planted to demonstrate a wide variety of plants and growing conditions. The impressive glasshouses reveal the drama of plant diversity ranging from the tropical rainforests to arid, heat scorched desert.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The floral hall was a very pleasant surprise. The gardens are lovely with several places to sit and relax, as well as having some delightful plants and flowers to enjoy.

There is also a popular cafe that offers a good selection at reasonable prices.

2  Thank JohnF62

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Had the afternoon here yesterday with my mum and gran, really enjoyed it we were lucky with the weather! As it was so nice we were able to have our afternoon tea out on the decking which was great! The food and drink in the cafe was ok, the girls working were really friendly and assisted us with our trays!! All in all a great experience with both the gardens and cafe!!

1  Thank Alic796
Reviewed August 16, 2012

What a fantastic place for a day out with the kids, I was waiting for my partner to finish in the gym last Monday so decided to pop along to the floral hall and have a look around! My 6 year old loved the big fish, and the cactus gardens! The cafe was great, the staff were really friendly and were great with my son! The food was simple, but very tasty and served with a smile! The kids picnic was great for Ewan, first time he finished is dinner in a long time!! I would certainly recommend the floral hall and cafe to visitors and locals!! Thanks again for a wonderful time!!

1  Thank Hellokittylisa
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Unbelievably poor customer service, there were 3 rude, stroppy girls 'working' there who appeared to take exception to their conversation being interrupted by a paying customer. Got a scowl and a look down the nose of from a stuck up blonde when I politely made my order - if I hadn't been starving I would have told her where to go. The place was practically empty but the toastie still took half an hour to arrive, a guy after me was told there were too many 'covers' to deal with and he couldn't get any hot food (there was 7 folk there !!) - this is a first in my lifetime ! There was no chicken left (and a rude 'well your not getting that' to inform me). My friend's sandwich was given to someone else (who was so hungry having waited for ever they just scoffed it). When he inquired about it he was told he hadn't ordered it ?? eh - he had even paid for it, then they realised their mistake but didn't apologise. Wonder if the bosses know the ignorant lazy workers are turning away customers so they could continue to chat and work at a snails pace. Won't be going anywhere near this place again and when I tell everyone at work tomorrow they probably wont either.

9  Thank Davefin
Kirstymk, General Manager at Inverness Botanic Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at floral hall,
we wish to apologise for your bad experience in the coffee shop.
im sorry that the staff was not pleasant to your friends and yourself. its not how we expect any of our team to speak to customers.
i just want to assure you this is certainly not our normal standard of service.
As you can expect lunch time can be busy and while it looks quiet in the inside of the coffee shop, the outside seating area that over look the beautiful gardens will be full if it is a lovely day which it was, in this case most customers were waiting for food also.
this does not excuse the way that you were treated. No staff should ever treat customers in this manner.
feedback either good or bad is good for the team to grow, we will be holding regular staff/ training meetings to asure that all the staff are making sure that every customer leaves the coffee shop happy.
i hope that you can accept my sincere apologies for your experience and thank you for spending the time to let us know.

Mrs Kirkland
Coffee shop Manageress

Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Highlights of the visit was the huge koi carp and the cactus house lots of different types and sizes. Good variety of plants for sale at reasonable prices