All reviews piano bar the river main building no lift lovely hotel a river view room eden court top floor small hotel venison plenty of parking bed was very comfortable one night stay town centre enjoyable stay breakfast was excellent lovely room
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

First off it’s not the easiest to find if your not concentrating. Satnav wants to take you to the front of the hotel but parking is at the back. The one way system stops you getting to the front easily anyway.
Secondly make sure you are aware of any meal deals. This is an expensive place to eat unless you take the Theatre Meal Deal which runs from 17:00pm until 18:30pm. The lady happily took a table booking for 18:30 without mentioning the deal. When colleague happened to check menu in room ,and saw the deal, we changed the booking to 18:00. When questioned we were simply told it is on the menu in your room. So you have been warned.
Food was good but not sure I would have paid the after 18:30 prices for the same food.
Rooms are very good and clean.. don’t understand the need for so many cushions as well as pillows on the bed but that’s just me.
WiFi very good throughout the hotel and annex from my experience.
So final comment. I was in a room at the top of the annex building. I can only assume that the water tank for the whole hotel is in the same room somewhere!!. The constant sound of the tank filling throughout the night didn’t help me get much sleep from about 4:00am. Perhaps that is down to being a light sleeper.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We booked into the GTH because it was well rated and was the pick up place for our barge trip. We were booked for the night prior to the departure of our barge trip and then again for the night at the end of our barge trip. We ended up canceling the second night after the attitude we were subjected to by the reception staff. The hotel has no elevator and when I asked for help to bring our luggage down I was told that "we are not your slaves". That was just one of a number of incidents which left a bad taste in our mouths. When I asked to speak to the manager of the hotel, and gave them two dates when I could do so, I was told in no uncertain terms that he would not meet with me.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank CTOILGUY
Reviewed September 22, 2018

The building is quite old, although nicely refurbished. It is also situated perfectly, right on the river near High St.
Now the bad news. It is quite expensive, although breakfast was included. Because the hotel is old the floors squeak. There is no elevator, so if you have heavy bags you definitely will want help. We had one of the first floor rooms overlooking the river; very pretty. However, the hotel has a piano bar, and we had to listen to the piano until he pianist closed up shop. Not one would expect for the price we paid. I definitely would choose a different hotel were I to come back to Inverness.

Room tip: Choose one in another hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Hi Mkarpoff, many thanks for taking the time to review your stay. The building was contracted in 1895 so you are very right. We price our rooms to stay competitive in the local market and for a four star that's pretty good value. The piano does not go on beyond midnight, for a city centre hotel I think that's pretty reasonable but I'm sorry if that disturbed you. We do have quieter rooms available.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely afternoon tea celebrating my birthday. The sandwiches and cakes were most enjoyable. The barman gave us a very interesting talk on the chosen gin which we thoroughly enjoyed....so much we had to order 2 more . The £5 cocktail hour completed a great afternoon. The Bramble cocktail was the best I’ve had anywhere. I would definitely recommend this afternoon tea.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi Shirleymay, many thanks for reviewing your afternoon tea. So very glad that you enjoyed the experience, and delighted with your recommendation. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

While staying in a nearby hotel we decided to try the restaurant that is part of this hotel. While the ambiance is lovely, the room quiet and clean, the service was very slow and the food, just mediocre. For value on the pound, find somewhere else.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi Nanagrampa, thanks for taking the time to review your visit to the restaurant - I suspect your review might be on the wrong page though. We use the very best of local ingredients, all cooked to order. If you feel that is mediocre and slow then that is your opinion. The majority of diners leave Contrast delighted with their meal, and return time and time again.