We are self confessed foodies and our interest in this hotel was piqued after seeing it featured on Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. On previous visits to Inverness we'd seen the hotel and wondered about it but never gone in so having seen it on TV we decided to drive north and spend and evening at the restaurant.
The reception was fine, not perhaps the most friendly welcome ever but efficient. Their room was small but clean tidy and decorated in a modern brown monotone. Not to my taste but nothing wrong with it. It had all we needed for the night. and after all wee were there for the food.
Off to the Abstract, the hotel restaurant. First up to the bar. I ordered my favourite whisky only to be told they didn't have it. :( Instead they offered me four others, three from the same site and one from down the road. In fact the barman really knew his collection and his whisky, it was most impressive and educational. So I got to try something new which always a bonus
Then to the restaurant. I went for the tasting menu, some six courses with matched wines. It was thoroughly enjoyable. Not all the dishes were successful, as some of the experimentation sometimes missed the mark but I couldn't fault the skill or the cooking. It was a bit of a roller coaster of a ride but for me a very enjoyable experience and one I hope to repeat soon.
We took a winter package which brought the price down to something reasonable but at full price I would say it was a little overpriced. See if you can get a deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glenmoriston Town House Inverness is a stylish four star deluxe property on the banks of the River Ness, perfectly located within the heart of the capital of the highlands it provides an impressive contrast to the cities more traditional hotels. Experience unparalleled luxury in one of our 30 stylish bedrooms, designed with comfort in mind and boasting heavenly beds, delicious duvets, fluffy towels and luxury toiletries not to mention the impeccable service you'd expect! The hotel encompasses the finest in Scottish culture with luxury and style and provides an ideal base for those who wish to explore Scotland's abundance of unique landmarks. The Glenmoriston Town House is conveniently just twenty minutes from Inverness Airport and only ten minutes walk from the city main line station. Great food and wine are very much entwined in the Glenmoriston Town House experience and we offer an exceptional restaurant. For a memorable culinary experience, visit our chic and stylish Contrast Brasserie. In addition, the hotel's destination Piano Bar offers Scotland's finest whiskies from over 250 distilleries and our mixologists are constantly developing the most wonderful cocktails to tantalise even the most demanding taste buds. The Glenmoriston Town House will ensure a quality stay whether business or pleasure. Just over 3 hours from Edinburgh or Glasgow it is the perfect property for any number of occasions, be it family get together, sporting holiday, romantic escape, or just a break away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Glenmoriston Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenmoriston Town House Hotel Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town Hotel
- Glenmoriston Town Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town House Inverness, Scotland