We booked the Glenmoriston Town House based on the reviews and found it quite comfortable and pleasant. The room we ended up in had gorgeous views over the River Ness. The beds were excellent and the entire hotel was very clean and well kept. The only drawback to our room was the tub instead of a shower. The tub had a handheld wand for bathing so I managed, so if you want a shower make sure you ask for one.
The dinner was exceptional. The restaurant is lovely and the service and food is impeccable. My husband had the best lamb chops he's ever eaten, and my paella (topped by an enormous prawn) was delicious. We took a long stroll down the river walk after dinner and enjoyed the evening very much.
One final note -- the hotel puts a charge on your credit card when you check in that is substantially higher than the quoted rate for your room. Then when you check out they charge your card for what you have used. Maybe they think you'll drink lots of Scotch and run up a tab or something. Now you know so you don't think you're getting charged the wrong rate.
The front desk staff was helpful and friendly, and the breakfast was excellent, a piping hot Scottish breakfast served with tea and coffee, all while looking out over the stunning River Ness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glenmoriston Town House Inverness is a stylish four star deluxe property on the banks of the River Ness, perfectly located within the heart of the capital of the highlands it provides an impressive contrast to the cities more traditional hotels. Experience unparalleled luxury in one of our 30 stylish bedrooms, designed with comfort in mind and boasting heavenly beds, delicious duvets, fluffy towels and luxury toiletries not to mention the impeccable service you'd expect! The hotel encompasses the finest in Scottish culture with luxury and style and provides an ideal base for those who wish to explore Scotland's abundance of unique landmarks. The Glenmoriston Town House is conveniently just twenty minutes from Inverness Airport and only ten minutes walk from the city main line station. Great food and wine are very much entwined in the Glenmoriston Town House experience and we offer an exceptional restaurant. For a memorable culinary experience, visit our chic and stylish Contrast Brasserie. In addition, the hotel's destination Piano Bar offers Scotland's finest whiskies from over 250 distilleries and our mixologists are constantly developing the most wonderful cocktails to tantalise even the most demanding taste buds. The Glenmoriston Town House will ensure a quality stay whether business or pleasure. Just over 3 hours from Edinburgh or Glasgow it is the perfect property for any number of occasions, be it family get together, sporting holiday, romantic escape, or just a break away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Glenmoriston Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenmoriston Town House Hotel Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town Hotel
- Glenmoriston Town Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town House Inverness, Scotland