“Very pleasant hotel ,really enjoyable stay, nice location”

Glenmoriston Town House
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here at the start of December 2012 whilst on a christmas shopping trip, The hotels location is very nice situated on the river and the standard of the hotel is very nice also. Although we visited in the winter i would like to return to the hotel in the summer the beer garden would make for a lovely tranquil setting on a gorgeous summers night whilst being so close to the city centre. We did not eat an evening meal in the hotel as we were booked in at a nearby restaurant so it would be unfair of me to comment on the standard of the dinner available so i wont! We had a couple of drinks in the bar before heading for our meal and found the bar very relaxing and very well stocked (especially for the malt whisky lover) ,for those that dont enjoy this tipple there is a good selection of beers,wines and cocktails avaible also. All in we had a very pleasurable stay at the hotel and will definitely be returning in the future of that there is no doubt.

Room Tip: a room in the main hotel would maybe suit some travellers although we found the annexe rooms very ni...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

It is always wonderful to read feedback from our guests, many thanks for taking the time to post this review on TripAdvisor. The Glennmoriston Town House has created a luxurious environment for its guests and has become a destination for anyone looking for escapism. I urge you to dine within one if not both of our restaurants durring your next stay, we are very much a well recognised food destination in the city and have a number of accolades under our belt, so come and enjoy the fruits of our labours!.

Best wishes,

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We traveled by train to inverness for the hogmany celebrations. The hotel was very good breakfast excellent and the staff were very helpfull and friendly. Location right by the river and we watched the fireworks from the front door. Town was only a 5 minute walk and river walks were bracing

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear “Nigel H”, Thank you very much for your complimentary review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife booked a surprise break at what she thought was an exceptional hotel, the evening meal, tasting plate and tasting wine was fantastic, what a huge disappointment the room was the bed was rock hard and the shower which took 10 minutes before any hot water manifested itself, looking forward to the same standard at breakfast from the previous evenings superb dinner we were soon disappointed with the full breakfast, dull and tasteless would be a compliment. I would certainly recommend the evening meal but little else.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We were disappointment to read that you were left feeling displeased with your stay at The Glenmoriston Town House . We encourage all of guests to raise any issues with the members of staff on duty, which not only maintains our reputation for four-star luxury but also ensures that every guest has an unforgettable experience.

Best wishes,

Reviewed January 4, 2013

we had a wonderful one night stay at this very nice small hotel.We have been to inverness a few times but never been down by the river, the situation is very scenic and we had a lovely club room which overlooked the banks of river ness.The room was spotless and quite spacious,and had everything we required.We also booked a meal in the Abstract restaurant which didn't disappoint,the food,service and ambiance was perfect! Breakfast the next day was very good,with a choice of hot cooked food.Would definately stay and eat here again!

Room Tip: we had a club room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

We thank you for your wonderful review and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at The Glenmoriston Town House and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

With all good wishes

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I booked a 3 night stay in an executive double room through laterooms.com to visit my mother (who lives in a care home) over christmas.
On checking in, I was given my key and a door code and sent across the car park to find my room.
The room (room 26) was pleasant but remarkably small. The room had a river view (as requested) but was in the annexe building so it didn't really feel like I was staying in the hotel.
The wifi didn't work, so after it was looked into twice I was offered another room in the main building where I was told it was functioning properly. I moved my bags over only to discover that the wifi wasn't working there either. Eventually, I was shown two other rooms and asked to check the wifi before choosing which I wanted to stay in. I opted for room 8 (a Classic double). This time the view was of the car park but the wifi worked (I wanted to get in touch with people over christmas). My room had been downgraded but wasn't offered a refund of any description.
The service really lacked professionalism normally associated with higher ranking hotels. It felt like there was a managerial problem somehow and that more staff training wouldn't have gone a miss.
It seems that the restaurant is the important part of the business and the hotel is secondary. The hotel and restaurant reception are combined when the restaurant is open which made it feel like there wasn't a service dedicated to the hotel guests.
I travel a lot with my work so hotel accommodation is something that plays an important role for me. I definitely wouldn't stay here again. The location is fantastic but it is wasted on this hotel. It could be so much better.

Room Tip: overpriced - only go if you get an absolute deal on your room
Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank shmoo B
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

As you know, we were deeply sorry that we did not meet your expectations when you stayed at The Glenmoriston Town House and would again like to offer our sincere apologies for some of the unfortunate “mishaps”

I am very sorry to read that our previous exchange clearly has not resolved your dissatisfaction. As you can see from many other responses I have given publically our main goal is to provide exceptional service experiences and to create memories that last.

I would not wish this to be your lasting memory of The Glenmoriston Town House and I would like to re-open our dialogue with you directly.

When we occasionally get it wrong we always do everything to put it right. I hope that we will succeed in your case.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I travel extensively and have stayed all over the world but for traditional Scottish elegance combined with modern luxury the Glenmoriston is second to none. The piano bar is both classy and relaxed with a good atmosphere and excellent choice of products.

• Stayed: January 2012
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear “Phileephilop",

You cannot imagine how much your comments mean to us. It is so encouraging to read when our guests have a memorable experience but we will not sit still - we will constantly try to improve upon what we do.

Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Spent two nights at the hotel since we needed a change of scenery from Edinburgh. I must say we were not let down in terms of value for money, quality of food,service and definitely the location. Staff at the hotel were very friendly and overall cleanliness of the hotel was good. The food on offer at the constrant brasserie is quality,hence the two dinners there.Gilchrist and soames are quality products to offer guests.Final verdict is that the glenmoriston is a small yet big hotel in terms of what it offers its guests.

• Stayed: December 2012