Glenmoriston Town House
$169
$151
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Inverness(Inverness)(Great Value!)
$175
$145
Macdonald Drumossie Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
$150
$136
Travelocity
Kingsmills Hotel(Inverness)
$169
$163
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Craigmonie Hotel & Leisure Ltd.(Inverness)(Great Value!)
$139
Orbitz.com
All reviewspiano barthe rivermain buildingno liftlovely hoteleden courta river view roomsmall hotelthe ground floorfull scottishshower roomone night staycomfy bedenjoyable staytown centrecooked breakfastbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Lovely hotel, Located very close to town centre but peacful with good views accross the river ness. Breakfast was very good, with a wide variety to chose from. Staff couldnt have been nicer. The first room we were given was fairly cold, when we mentioned to the receptionist she was more than helpful and moved us into a better room straight way - no fuss.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

A huge thank you for your review. It is wonderful that you found the award wining Glenmoriston Town House Hotel a good experience, and I am especially pleased that you found our team to be so friendly and accommodating, as I firmly believe this is what makes our hotel such a special place to stay in Inverness.

I do hope to welcome you back in the near future,

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here for one night: someone else booked the hotel for me so I was unsure as to what to expect. It was late afternoon when I arrived and I found a little difficulty in finding my way to the hotel, what with one way streets and the darkness. However I eventually made it and was impressed by the hotel.
I was allocated a room at the rear of the hotel so the view was less than striking but that didn't matter as it was dark and I couldn't see much anyway. The room was of a fair size with a small circular table and two mini armchairs. The bed was extremely soft - I don't normally like soft beds! - but I slept like a log, it was so comfortable. The bathroom was adequate and had a walk in corner shower.
I had dinner in the Brasserie restaurant where the service was excellent. The food was well cooked and particularly well presented though the quantity was on the mean side. I had a slight complaint but it was rectified without any fuss.
The hotel sits by the side of the river so the location is good. In addition it is but a short stroll to the town centre so it is very convenient. All things considered, a very nice hotel and one which I would definitely use again.

Room Tip: For a view over the river you need to ask for a room at the front.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Many thanks for your lovely contribution.Your praise of the welcoming, helpful nature of our team, the quality of our bedrooms, and of the food offering in our award wining 3 AA Rosette restaurant, we do strive to deliver seamless, perfect service.

We do hope that you return to visit us again, and enjoy the beautiful setting and great hotel we have on future occasions,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Visited 1 night on business and wished I was staying longer. This hotel is in a beautiful setting on the banks of the Ness. I arrived late after flying in from Manchester. It was so peaceful, calm and tranquil and with the lights in the trees it made it quite perfect, even romantic. Pity I was alone!

This is a boutique style of hotel, the standard of which I was pleasantly suprised to find here in Inverness. The furnishings were lovely and this is the first time I have seen a filter coffee maker in a bedroom; nice touch.

The bar/restaurant is fabulous, even though I only had time for 1 glass of very nice red wine. The staff were smart, friendly and genuine.

My Scottish breakfast was great and made a great start to my working day. I would recoment this hotel to anyone staying in the area and I will look forward to returning myself.

Room Tip: Well a room with a river view would be well worth paying for
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us at The Glenmoriston Town House. I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy a good glass of wine before bedtime!

I do hope you will return very soon to try our award wining dining.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We booked 2 nights at this hotel as part of our honeymoon tour of Scotland. I booked direct with the hotel and told them that we wanted a nice room overlooking the river as we were celebrating. When handed the key at reception, we were told we were in the annexe. Our room was indeed overlooking the river, but was a little on the small side, with the tea/coffee making utilities in the wardrobe. Our first breakfast was typical hotel fare, but I asked for poached egg on toast and got 2 eggs but only one slice of toast! The eggs were cooked perfectly though. That night we ate out.
On our second night we chose to eat at the hotel as the weather wasnt good, even though, after getting ready we still had the walk from the "annexe" to the main hotel in the rain. Our meal was very good, and cooked well. The evening deteriorated rapidly after we went back to our room by a private party that was taking place in the annexe. There was a live band playing but had been assured that it would finish around 11pm. At 11.30pm we called reception to complain and the manager came over to stop the noise. The band stopped playing to be replaced by piano playing and singing till well after midnight. Breakfast the next day was a nightmare as the chef had only turned up 10 minutes earlier and the staff, although they had done their best, were run ragged. Poached eggs that morning were actually closer to hard boiled! When paying the bill, we did tell reception of our terrible night, and the manager came to talk to us. He was more than understanding and did credit us with one nights stay. He had only been there 9 days and I hope that he can sort out the small failures of this hotel. This hotel has the ability to be so much more. I wish the manager all the best. Thankyou for being so understanding - a rare thing in this customer service mad world.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine D
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

As you know, we were deeply sorry that we did not meet your expectations when you stayed at The Glenmoriston Town House and would again like to offer our sincere apologies for some of the unfortunate “mishaps”

I am delighted to hear that we partly resolved your dissatisfaction by way of a credit of one nights stay and as you can see from many other responses I have given publically our main goal is to provide exceptional service experiences and to create memories that last.

When we occasionally get it wrong we always do everything to put it right. I hope that we succeed in your case.

Best wishes,

Reviewed October 30, 2012

After experiencing a trying flight and an airport with no taxi's, it was a welcome relief when I pulled up to this hotel.
A walk welcome from the receptionist, and from what I could see, the hotel bar looked stylish and warm.
The room was tastefully decorated, modern but sympathetic to the period building. A spacious bathroom and a big comfy bed.
As it was late I ordered room service and my meal was delicious (but order a side as the portion wasn't that big). Breakfast was just as good with a nice meal and good service.
I stayed at this hotel through work, but I have already told hubby that I'm taking him up there for a weekend treat.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RuthandCraig75
GuestRelations01, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Ruth, many thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of your recent trip to The Glenmoriston Town House and it is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your time with us. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes