“Very helpful staff!”

Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Aberdeen
“Very helpful staff!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Lovely hotel, Located very close to town centre but peacful with good views accross the river ness. Breakfast was very good, with a wide variety to chose from. Staff couldnt have been nicer. The first room we were given was fairly cold, when we mentioned to the receptionist she was more than helpful and moved us into a better room straight way - no fuss.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
A huge thank you for your review. It is wonderful that you found the award wining Glenmoriston Town House Hotel a good experience, and I am especially pleased that you found our team to be so friendly and accommodating, as I firmly believe this is what makes our hotel such a special place to stay in Inverness.

I do hope to welcome you back in the near future,

Kind regards,

Jonathan McConnachie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Greek first
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here for one night: someone else booked the hotel for me so I was unsure as to what to expect. It was late afternoon when I arrived and I found a little difficulty in finding my way to the hotel, what with one way streets and the darkness. However I eventually made it and was impressed by the hotel.
I was allocated a room at the rear of the hotel so the view was less than striking but that didn't matter as it was dark and I couldn't see much anyway. The room was of a fair size with a small circular table and two mini armchairs. The bed was extremely soft - I don't normally like soft beds! - but I slept like a log, it was so comfortable. The bathroom was adequate and had a walk in corner shower.
I had dinner in the Brasserie restaurant where the service was excellent. The food was well cooked and particularly well presented though the quantity was on the mean side. I had a slight complaint but it was rectified without any fuss.
The hotel sits by the side of the river so the location is good. In addition it is but a short stroll to the town centre so it is very convenient. All things considered, a very nice hotel and one which I would definitely use again.

Room Tip: For a view over the river you need to ask for a room at the front.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Many thanks for your lovely contribution.Your praise of the welcoming, helpful nature of our team, the quality of our bedrooms, and of the food offering in our award wining 3 AA Rosette restaurant, we do strive to deliver seamless, perfect service.

We do hope that you return to visit us again, and enjoy the beautiful setting and great hotel we have on future occasions,

Kind Regards,

Yorkshire
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Visited 1 night on business and wished I was staying longer. This hotel is in a beautiful setting on the banks of the Ness. I arrived late after flying in from Manchester. It was so peaceful, calm and tranquil and with the lights in the trees it made it quite perfect, even romantic. Pity I was alone!

This is a boutique style of hotel, the standard of which I was pleasantly suprised to find here in Inverness. The furnishings were lovely and this is the first time I have seen a filter coffee maker in a bedroom; nice touch.

The bar/restaurant is fabulous, even though I only had time for 1 glass of very nice red wine. The staff were smart, friendly and genuine.

My Scottish breakfast was great and made a great start to my working day. I would recoment this hotel to anyone staying in the area and I will look forward to returning myself.

Room Tip: Well a room with a river view would be well worth paying for
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us at The Glenmoriston Town House. I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy a good glass of wine before bedtime!

I do hope you will return very soon to try our award wining dining.

Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We booked 2 nights at this hotel as part of our honeymoon tour of Scotland. I booked direct with the hotel and told them that we wanted a nice room overlooking the river as we were celebrating. When handed the key at reception, we were told we were in the annexe. Our room was indeed overlooking the river, but was a little on the small side, with the tea/coffee making utilities in the wardrobe. Our first breakfast was typical hotel fare, but I asked for poached egg on toast and got 2 eggs but only one slice of toast! The eggs were cooked perfectly though. That night we ate out.
On our second night we chose to eat at the hotel as the weather wasnt good, even though, after getting ready we still had the walk from the "annexe" to the main hotel in the rain. Our meal was very good, and cooked well. The evening deteriorated rapidly after we went back to our room by a private party that was taking place in the annexe. There was a live band playing but had been assured that it would finish around 11pm. At 11.30pm we called reception to complain and the manager came over to stop the noise. The band stopped playing to be replaced by piano playing and singing till well after midnight. Breakfast the next day was a nightmare as the chef had only turned up 10 minutes earlier and the staff, although they had done their best, were run ragged. Poached eggs that morning were actually closer to hard boiled! When paying the bill, we did tell reception of our terrible night, and the manager came to talk to us. He was more than understanding and did credit us with one nights stay. He had only been there 9 days and I hope that he can sort out the small failures of this hotel. This hotel has the ability to be so much more. I wish the manager all the best. Thankyou for being so understanding - a rare thing in this customer service mad world.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine D
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

As you know, we were deeply sorry that we did not meet your expectations when you stayed at The Glenmoriston Town House and would again like to offer our sincere apologies for some of the unfortunate “mishaps”

I am delighted to hear that we partly resolved your dissatisfaction by way of a credit of one nights stay and as you can see from many other responses I have given publically our main goal is to provide exceptional service experiences and to create memories that last.

When we occasionally get it wrong we always do everything to put it right. I hope that we succeed in your case.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

After experiencing a trying flight and an airport with no taxi's, it was a welcome relief when I pulled up to this hotel.
A walk welcome from the receptionist, and from what I could see, the hotel bar looked stylish and warm.
The room was tastefully decorated, modern but sympathetic to the period building. A spacious bathroom and a big comfy bed.
As it was late I ordered room service and my meal was delicious (but order a side as the portion wasn't that big). Breakfast was just as good with a nice meal and good service.
I stayed at this hotel through work, but I have already told hubby that I'm taking him up there for a weekend treat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RuthandCraig75
GuestRelations01, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Ruth, many thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of your recent trip to The Glenmoriston Town House and it is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your time with us. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes

Ellon, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I spent saturday and Sunday night in the Glenmoriston on a Xmas shopping weekend; have to say we were hugely disappointed with the whole experience beginning with no-one at reception when we arrived just after 4pm; room was nicely furnished but very small and no clock for some reason; we were advised when checking in that both restaurants were fully booked. In the morning after enjoying an extra hour in bed owing to the clocks going back we went down for breakfast only to be told the chef had disappeared; we waited 30 minutes and were then told he had overslept because he hadn't turned his alarm clock back (the clocks had gone back so technically he should have been early), breakfast eventually came a little cold and a little undercooked; following day we awoke to no hot water and on enquiring were told that the boiler had broken down; no update was given so we checked out and left the hotel having been asked to pay when we checked in - only two good things worth mention were the brother and sister working behind the whisky bar and the very comfortable bed; no point in asking us to contact the hotel we never saw any management during the whole stay; so too late now.This hotel has delusions of grandeur and gave little value for money.

Room Tip: Try and get the biggest room you can.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
The hotel manager is attempting to contact you directly to discuss the issues you have highlighted in this TripAdvisor review. Should you wish to talk about this matter further, you will shortly have the opportunity to discuss your stay with him. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and bringing this matter to our attention.

twin cities
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This lovely and romantic property is located in a beautiful setting directly on the River Ness, a five minute walk from city center.

Its 30 guestrooms are elegantly decorated with soft wool carpeting, comfortable beds, flat screen TV’s and Wi-Fi internet connectivity. The hotel’s Abstract restaurant is stylish and award-winning, and its piano bar offers a huge list of malt whiskies. The hotel is absolutely perfect. Call well in advance for reservations.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your recent stay at The Glenmoriston Town House. I am pleased to read how much you appreciated the service and how well looked after you felt during your stay. I am also pleased to read that you were able to enjoy dining in Abstract. I will share you feedback with the team and I looked forward to welcoming you back here again soon.