“Brilliant !!”

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
burnham on sea
“Brilliant !!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The setting was magnificent, made all the better by the fantastic weather we had whilst we were there. The staff were second to none, very professional, but also very friendly, and nothing was too much trouble. The food was absolutely brilliant, especially the desserts !! We were hoping it was going to be an old fashioned hotel, and it was just that, including creaky floorboards, and resident ghost !!

We had a lovely coal effect gas fire in our room (Wyvis), which made it very cosy. Fresh milk was in the fridge every day, and our room looked out over the water, so it was everything we wanted.

Would definately stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort William, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was a weekend break just to relax and overeat - we did both. Stayed in a superior double - great views and very comfortable. Friendly and welcoming staff throughout - very efficient service in the restaurant. Food was very good, nicely portioned and presented and always served with a smile. Some very yummy desserts. Pre dinner drinks and after dinner coffee in the lounge in front of a nice log fire. We have stayed in similarly rated hotels but it was nice to see that the staff at all levels were happy to have good natter with you - in other hotels they are clearly told to only speak when spoken to but it makes for a much friendlier atmosphere when you can have a chat. Overall a quality experience and would definitely return - even if it was only for the poached eggs and smoked haddock for breakfast!!

If you are a member of Hotel management reading this my Facebook name isn't my real name!

Room Tip: The website has photos of all the rooms so easy to see what you are getting.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jack G
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on business with colleagues. I couldn't have asked for any more! Stunning hotel, location, great service & the food was delicious.

I arrived around 11pm after travelling for hours & was met by the manager in the car park who carried my bags, booked me in very quickly & showed me to my room. The manager contacted my colleagues who had already arrived to let them know of my arrival & had drinks waiting for us in the beautiful lounge, even though the hotel was quiet & he was due to go home. We were offered food & everything & anything to ensure our comfort by the manager yet he wasn't 'in the way'. A lovely touch & service.

The rooms & hotel are of a traditional style & very comfortable. The hot water in the morning was a slight issue (it wasn't very warm) however, the manager explained they were experiencing difficulties with their boiler & this was already being dealt with. There was no Internet connection in the room - the only thing I would have liked that wasn't there.

Dining was a rather formal experience but pleasant all the same. Dinner was stunning & breakfast all fresh & well prepared. Nothing appeared too much trouble.

I would definitely return & recommend a stay to anyone! Not in love with the 'pink' externally however, each their own.

• Stayed November 2012
Aberdeen
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Hotel staff were great, especially Roddy the manager who couldn't have been more helpful. They even had a whisky nosing competition after dinner!!!! Dinner was excellent, and the chef even came out to meet the guests after dinner, which was a nice touch.

We had a standard double room which was fine, but a wee bit tired looking. The rest of the hotel inside and out looks great, and the open fires make it warm and cosy.

Apparently it is haunted by the black lady, but we never saw her! Maybe next time!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Pitlochry
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My colleague and I were driving up to Inverness on business and fancied a quick breakfast. On leaving Inverness heading west, we noticed the signs for Bunchrew House Hotel and popped in for a bit of breakfast. On first impressions, its a fantastic building, pale pink in colour with turrets and on the shore of the loch its just wonderful! We received a warm welcome on arrival, and despite the fact we hadnt called ahead and werent residents, we were sat very quickly at a window side table. I had scrambled eggs on toast, which were amazing! Some of the best I have tasted! My colleague thorougly enjoyed her sausages bacon & toast and a nice pot of tea too! We will return - maybe for a bit longer next time!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here by chance. What an amazing place. The hotel looks like a castle out of a fairytale. We had driven up from Edinburgh, and it was nice to arrive somewhere where the service was exceptional, and we felt at home.
And we found out the restaurant was in the Michelin Guide as well - food was exquisite to say the least - and the restaurant catered gladly for vegetarians.
The 'living room' area (common area) was vert cosy with several fires, and a nice place to relax before and after meals.
Wifi worked better in the common areas and was limited in the bedroom (we were in The Turret).
All service was impeccable - reception staff, restaurant staff in the evening and morning - friendly, welcoming, accommodating.
Our room was up several flights of stairs. Good size room, heated well, traditionally decorated which seemed to fit perfectly the them that was in my mind of the fairytale castle;) The bed was a tad small. The bathroom was nice, excellent fluffy towels, but the shower pressure was not very strong at all, and it took a long time for the water to get hot. These were minor things in my mind, which did not detract from the overall experience.
Loved Bunchrew House Hotel and I couldn't recommend it enough.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nades_38
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Bunchrew for a 3 night New year package which was truly wonderfull,the situation of the hotel on the waters edge is fantastic,very quiet. The hotels general manager Roddy Jamison and the staff are very charming & helpfull,nothing is too much trouble. Very comfortable rooms and stylish Lounges & restuarant with great food complete the picture.We will be back!

Room Tip: They all looked great to us.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple