All reviewsjunior suiteloch nessgarden cottagea separate sitting roomthe cottagescheese boardbeautiful hotelthe main housevenisonwedding venuesconesfour poster bedcaledonian canalenjoyable staystayed one nighttea and coffeelovely room
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Three of us stayed at the hotel in 3 separate rooms and we were very impressed with the accommodation, service and food. The staff were attentive and friendly and I hope to go back to the hotel with my wife next year

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LochNessCHH, Deputy General Manager at Loch Ness Country House Hotel at Dunain Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2018

Dear Harry G

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, it is greatly appreciated!
I am delighted that you found our staff to be attentive and friendly - we pride ourselves on our friendly, professional service.

Next time you are in the area, do contact us direct for the best available rates.

Kind regards

Chris Glass
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Stayed in cottage away from main hotel, gives you some privacy , downside was poor water pressure in shower,was told cottages are to be updated soon, staff was excellent,hotel situated away from city in country side , loved my stay there

Room Tip: Needs some updating but overall nice place to stay
Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear nunzdad1949

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time taken to do this and the reviews our guests leave help us to continually improve for the future.

It's great to read that you 'loved' your stay with us! Our Garden Suites are situated 50 metres from the main building yet allow you to enjoy all of the amenities the hotel has to offer.

Our Cottages will shortly undergo some refurbishment work which will be completed in the Autumn.

Kind regards

Chris Glass
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2018

This place was overall fine but did not feel like a four star hotel. It's an old country hotel that hasn't been updated. Fine if that's what you're looking for but we found it a bit icky.
Our room smelled of body odor and despite opening all the windows for the entire night, the stink just wouldn't leave. I think that the carpet, drapes, furniture etc is just so old that the smell is set in. They need a thorough cleaning or an update for sure. This upset our enjoyment of the room and made the price tag super annoying. Not recommended! Also, you cannot see Lock Ness but the grounds were attractive.

Room Tip: avoid the Volich room -- stinks!
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2018

My fiance and I just spent 11 days in Ireland and Scotland and traveled the countryside of both places. We stayed in eight different hotels in that time period and the Loch Ness CHH was our favorite by far. The staff was very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The room was spacious and comfortable and allowed us to relax for a night. And the food...oh, the food. The seafood platter that we had at dinner was nothing short of amazing. It is made for two and definitely fed us both. The seafood could not have been any fresher, having just been caught that morning. Scallops, oysters, clams, crab claws, lobster...probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. If that meal wasn't the best of my 45 years on this planet, it was definitely top three. Get the platter and thank me later.

We may or may not make it back to Scotland one day, but if we do, we will definitely return to Loch Ness CHH. Book it and see for yourself.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marcelo C
Reviewed July 24, 2018

My son, my husband and I were visiting the Highlands. I decided we should do our own little Outlander experience and stayed one night. Based on the reviews I booked this hotel. We enjoyed it. The registration desk agent was friendly and hospitable. The breakfast attendant was attentive. We had booked a junior suite, fit for 3 people. My son was in a separate area which would have served as the sitting room for two people, but he used the sofa bed. The room had a comfortable king size bed and was very spacious. They had fans in the room because it was unusually hot for Scotland. We had brought the California weather with us. We had a view of the gardens and the hills. It's outside of Inverness on the way to the Loch Ness and Urquarht castle. The Scottish breakfast was delicious and copious. Now, the cons: water pressure in the shower was low; the breafast buffet ran out of fruit and pastries and it took a while to replenish it. They need to watch out for this. The garden needs a little more care and the placement of the sundial looked really awkward and should be placed somewhere else. My son remarked, too, that for the price they charge they could afford to fix the potholes on the private road leading to the hotel. Would we go back? yes! The experience at Loch Ness Country House was overall very good and the Scottish hospitality was heartfelt.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family