“Great value midweek price, breakfast included”

Holiday Inn Express Inverness
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A necessary stay due to family member with outpatient appointments at the hospital. So for that, a great location, well-lit parking, lift to upper floors and a restaurant nearby.
Midweek price just £51 and when I did a price comparison I didn't realise breakfast was included so even better! I haven't stayed at Hol Inn Xpress for some years. At weekends, it's usually too pricey. So it was good to be back and I was impressed.
All you need is there. Twin room, with table unit in between. Power point for charger. Tv with usual channels. Hair dryer right by the mirror. Tea and coffee facilities. Personally I'd like a blanket available with such thin duvets at this time of year. I don't like to turn the a/c or heating up, but a blanket would have made a difference.
The one thing I'd criticise is that wifi is only offered in the lounge/bar. These days wifi should be free throughout. (though you can always see what free network might be around!)
Breakfast buffet. Impressed at quality of OJ from the machine. We were down very early, so everything super-fresh. I had a hot breakfast and croissant, with coffee and juice. My guest had muesli, yoghurt, tea and croissant.
Breakfast on until 10am and checkout at 11am so a civilised timetable for the leisure traveller.
With their guaranteed good sleep, Premier Inn beds I'd say are a bit more comfortable, but with a free breakfast, Hol Inn Xpress should not be overlooked. Would recommend.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Cathy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

So glad you enjoyed your stay and everything was to your liking

we do not have plans at the moment to offer free wifi in the bedrooms but are looking at a better connection speed.

I do hope that you will stay with us again

Reviewed January 24, 2013

At short notice, I knew what to expect when trying to find a room in the city. The place doesn't try to give you the impression it's anything out of the ordinary ; it has a reasonable footprint served well by the local "feed" roads. It's clean, tidy, well lit, ample parking. It's been a while since I've experienced such clever use of space and dimensions : it looks and feels similar to your Holiday Inn room, but it's definitely smaller with fittings and fixtures to complete the illusion. Harking back to another reviewer regards the double bed, it isn't ! It's what was called, in "old money", a 3/4 bed. I could see why two adults may have difficulties. Breakfast in the morning is bordering on the ample ; 3 hot servings of link sausage, beans and scrambled eggs, OJ from a machine, toaster and croissants, cold meat and cheese and some fruit.

Wouldn't phase me staying here, but the minimal build quality regards sound insulation would make me try a little harder to find somewhere else.

For food, the Snow Goose is a short walk in front of the Motel and I wasn't disappointed.

In summation , I'm neither Pro or Con. I knew what to expect and they didn't disappoint ?

Room Tip: Ensure your room is nowhere near the front entrance
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Alfanumeric
Cathy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope that you will visit us again soon

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was the response from the receptionist when I complained that we had had a terrible night trying to fit in to the tiny double bed.- she seemed to think it amusing! Some people may not put a comfortable reasonably large double bed high on the list of priorities but I am afraid that my husband and I do and we were not amused to be asked to sleep on such a narrow bed (4 ft) No twin bed room was available but after years of travelling all over Europe we had not imagined a double bed could be so small. The management had taken the trouble to provide 2 pillows each helpfully labelled HARD and SOFT but had not thought that no amount of pillows would compensate for a narrow bed - perhaps the hotel is designed for single business use when the bed size is not so important- add on no free wifi, the most disgusting coffee- plastic croissants and a bill for £75.00 and we were not happy!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank romey58
Cathy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

I am extemely sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay at our hotel. Our beds are all of a similar size and sadly on the night in question all our twin rooms were taken and we were unable to offer you an alternative to what you were already allocated. I would like to apologise for the lack of respect given by a member of our team and would like to assure you this is not how problems that our guests encounter are handled.
KInd Regards

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Arrived from Australia to visit family in Inverness. Found the staff really friendly and the rooms clean and warm. Right next door to a really good pub too. I think most of the hotel clients are in Inverness for business so they had already breakfasted by the time our family got up in the mornings...excellent.
The next time I visit my sister I shall book here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Cathy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Really glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.
Kind regards

Reviewed January 9, 2013

sadly its a common problem epecially in inverness but on a good date this hotel offers great value for a great stay but if theres anything on in town the price rockets ..... to be brutal i canot see how £130+ (its £45 other times) can be justified thats treating regulars with contempt - sheer greed in my opinion! i just priced this hotel for another stay and will not pay those prices and have booked elewhere ..... its not THAT good! oh and while i'm on a moan ..... cheap sausages and scrambed egg may legally be justified as a cooked breakfast ..... but wheres the bacon? come on HIE thats pushing it

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cathy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent review concerning your recent stay at the hotel. As with all hotels and the hospitality business in general I am sure you can understand that our pricing needs to reflect what is happening in the area etc.
Our breakfast within the hotel unlike some other hotels is complimentary and what we believe to be a good product which is used in all our hotels, we do not plan to have bacon on our menu for the forseeable future but would like to assure you that we are continually improving our products and service within our company
I do hope that you will visit our hotel again and wish you all the very best for 2013

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Arrived in the early evening 2nd January after a day exploring the local area for a 2 day stay. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist who checked us in very quickly.

We made our way to our room. As with all Holiday Inn Expresses they are rather generic. The only real let down in the rooms were the TV, an old 14 inch Cathode Ray Tube style that cut a third of the widescreen picture feed, and there was no blue night lights for the bathroom as found in many other Expresses.

There is a bar that is open till very late with reasonable prices. There is also a selection of snacks available at unreasonable prices.

Breakfast is included in the price and is a standard Continental Style with added hot items of Sausage, Beans and Scrambled Egg. Breakfast is busy around 9am and on our first morning there was a lack of sausages and there seemed to be no staff available. On the second morning it was even busier but there was visibly more staff available and plenty of food.

On the whole a good hotel that holds up the standards of Holiday Inn Express extremely well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your review and glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Thankfully our televisions will be getting updated in 2013 and this I am sure will be gladly recieved by all the guests who stay with us.
As we are always looking to our guests comments to help us improve our service we appreciate and have taken this to the team to see how we can improve our guest experience more
I hope that you will visit us again and happy new year to you and all your friends and family

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here on Christmas night and found the hotel bright and clean and received a friendly welcome on arrival. The room was spacious and clean and the quiteness through the night pleased us very much. Breakfast was a simple buffet which included scramble egg, sausages and beans plus the usual cereals, bread which could be toasted and rolls. The usual juices and tea and coffee were also there. A very clean and pleasong stay

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cathy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

So glad that you enjoyed your Christmas break with us and I hope that you will visit us again in 2013
All the best in the new year to you and your family