TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, Pub, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went here without reservation, were told they were fully booked were ready to leave, but got told there was to be music later on , got seated at the bar, got a drink, given a menu, they set up a table in the middle of the floor near the door, turned out to be the best seat in the house, ordered our dinner and waited for the music, all and all a great evening,
Frits

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We came here after hearing many great reviews of the the place and were not disappointed. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and they did us proud. Service was pleasant and prompt, and the food delicious and well cooked. Be sure to book as they were turning people away on a Monday night.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Conventional wisdom is that restaurants have improved greatly in the UK over the past few decades, and generally I would agree. Indeed, I have had several good meals ere, particularly seafood, in the past week.

Today, however, we experienced the soft underbelly of British food to which the itinerant traveler is subject: utterly inedible. I, me, Smiling Kodiak, the man who never saw a chip he didn't eat, left a bowl of chips uneaten on the table. Yes, they even screwed up the chips.

It was instructive to be seated back behind the toilet, next to the kitchen, where we could hear the chef berate and abuse everyone within earshot.

And I suppose if one orders a prawn enchilada in Scotland, one is on an uncharted course.

The most disturbing thing about tonight's episode is that this restaurant claims to have been voted the "No. 1 Gastro Pub in the North of Scotland". I begin to understand why my ancestors fled.

I am in Scotland for another two weeks, then it is on to France. Until then, I think I'll do the cooking.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked after recommendation. Very busy and think places had been double booked.menu looked great with wide choice. Starters haggis bon bon and fish tapas really lovely. However .ain't courses were the worst I've ever had. Culloden steak-tough couldn't cut it and half under cooked other half overcooked . Haggis underneath tasteless and watery. Queenies very small and tasteless Chips not much better. Asked for another drink - still waiting!! Service really bad. Very disappointed as looked promising but quickly became awful. Wouldn't recommend. Lots of other restaurants who have great food and service. Will be taking my custom back to them I think.

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

We dropped in to the Waterfront for a late lunch and were pleasantly surprised with the great meals! Everyone was extremely happy with their choices, the roasted Salmon was yummo!!!