“Great pub restaurant”

Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, Pub, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I go here with my very elderly father every time I am in Inverness and have never been disappointed. The food is lovely,piping hot and the staff very friendly and accommodating. It is very unfortunate that,due to the road works, more people have not found there way to this cosy pub offering very good value.

2  Thank gmcl81

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We first tried the Waterfront in 2012 when we were in Inverness for a couple of days. It happened to be a Thursday, and that's the evening that there's live music by Kenny Jamieson, the lead singer of the group Schiehallion. We enjoyed the evening very much. This time, when we knew we would be in Inverness for a few days, we made a reservation for Thursday evening again. Again, we had a lovely evening.

The menu has many interesting choices, and this time we had the soup of the day (Cream of Broccoli and Stilton) for 3.50, Thai crab cakes (4.95), Chicken enchilada with rice (12.00) and the Mixed fish grill with seasoned chips (12.95). Every piece of fish on the mixed fish grill was excellent, and there was a good variety. The chicken was moist, and the cheesy covering not too overpowering. The only reason I'm not giving an "Excellent" rating is because the chips were too heavy as an accompaniment to the fish grill, and they were not in any way "seasoned." I wish I had asked for rice instead of the chips. Service that night was rather slow - we had 3 different servers tell us they would bring a menu, but still had to wait quite a while. However, the place was full and very busy, and all the personnel were very friendly (and apologized for the wait).

If you're able to go on a Thursday, I highly recommend Kenny Jamieson's music. He has a lovely voice, and sings a range of songs. We bought his CD (Calem's Dream) for 10 pounds, and have been listening to it over and over.

All in all, another lovely evening at The Waterfront. The next time we're in Inverness, we'll definitely go there again.

1  Thank LisaVienna4034
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Recommended by our B & B host and we were not disappointed, it was a very wet night so it was lovely to go into this warm & friendly pub and order from the excellent array of Scotch Whiskies. Food was really good and service was great and excellent value, would recommend

Reviewed July 27, 2014

First time at this restaurant excellent service excellent food very friendly and attentive staff highly recommend

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed this restaurant. There were many tourist dining; however the restaurant maintained a local feel. Compared to other restaurants in which we dined it was a very good value for the quality of food. We originally went there because the B&B at which were staying recommended for steak. The steak was ok. I don't think steak is a really a specialty in Scotland, but this was the best steak we had in Scotland. The portion size was large; however they cooked as medium versus medium rare. Not a big deal and I ate the whole thing. Overall we enjoyed the experience and thought the appetizer, which was fried cheese lollipops with a chutney were very good. We enjoyed our drinks. I would recommend. Service was above average for Scotland! Atmosphere was great.

1  Thank kingbMemphis