“great food”
Review of Spice Tandoori - CLOSED

Spice Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Spice tandoori Inverness is under new management as of 01/10/2011.we are child friendly,excellent location by the famous river ness in the heart of Inverness which affords us some stunning view that no other indian restaurant can come close to.So if it's small to large parties we can do the lot.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“great food”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Well worth a visit quality food with great service. The staff are really helpful and friendly.
This is the first time for many years we have been given a complimentary drink. A nice touch we will go again next time we are in Inverness

Visited October 2013

Port Noarlunga, Australia
“Best.Food.In.Scotland!!!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had a couple of bad food nights traveling around Scotland when we wondered in this place! As a group of 5 traveling we all just wanted a decent feed and all ordered chicken korma! Our fabulous waiter said he won't let us all order the same thing and asked how hot we like our food (spicey) and if we would trust him, so thinking what else do we have to lose we let him order us a banquet of food which apart from the actual food I had in India was the most amazing meal of my life ( I promise I am not exaggerating) and nothing has compared since! I wish I new our waiters name but I can't remember but if you go to Spice Tandoori listen to the waiters recommendations because they no their stuff!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank AlisonCatherine
MA
“Nice view but not great Inidan Food”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We live in an area with a large Indian community and cook it ourselves so we expected the food to represent the true flavors that we have come to know. We ordered items based on their rating of mild, moderate, and hot. Since hot will usually take the top of your head off we requested all items be moderately spice. Unfortunately there were all mild and only one had a flavor somewhat similar to what the dish should have had (palak paneer). I am unsure if they think they are cooking to the "Scottish" palate - but I had soups in pubs with more spice and flavor than what we got and was somewhat disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank potterkd2
Plano, Texas, United States
“Don't go if you have a large group”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our tour group heard good reviews of the food so we tried it. We did have a large group but we said the group could be separated and we were. The other tables in my tour group were seated after our table but got their food way before ours. From the time we sat down until our food arrived (after much complaining) it had been 1 1/2 hours!! The waiter was put off and down right rude offering no apologies and walking away. The owner/manager begged us not to leave when we wanted to leave after the first hour. He also made no apologies but did waive our drinks off the bill. We were so hungry at the point that we ate as fast as we could and left. Was not able to enjoy the food but I recall it being good but I've had better in my town in Texas!

• Visited September 2013
Peterhead, United Kingdom
“Great Resturant with wonderful veiws over the river Ness”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Brilliant!
Visited this restaurant on Sunday 22nd September 2013 with my wife,
We were shown to our table ( which we hadn't booked) which was located by the window so we had great view over the river Ness.
The waiting staff were charming, very attentive and made us feel very welcomed.
The food was of excellent quality with good sized portions.
As the night sky darkened and the near by bridge was lit up it provided a very romantic setting for our meal.
On leaving the manager ( or owner) came over and chatted with us.
All in all a very good experience.

Visited September 2013