Ach Aluinn Guest House
  • Pool
$187
$145
Orbitz.com
All reviewsmargaret macdonaldfull scottish breakfastangushostswifi
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I spent 4 days with Angus and Margaret at Ach Aluinn in January 2013, on the sad occasion of my mother's demise. With apology for the delay in recording my review, I have to say I could not have been in better hands. As hosts they were perfection, and in those few short days they moved from 'hosts' to 'friends'. For me to play the Great Highland Bagpipe at my late mother's funeral was daunting indeed, to have Angus 'settle' me and tune my pipes to perfection, made all the difference. I delivered my best performance! What remarkable people - what welcoming hosts. God bless you both.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The owners are so sweet. And the rooms are lovely. We didn't stay very long, but the owners were very accommodating and let us check in quite late (after 11 pm). We then had to check out at 430am to catch our flight back to London. They were there to greet us and show us our rooms when we got in and got up early and prepared a nice continental breakfast for us before we left. If I am ever back in Inverness, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a night with 4 of my friends and we loved it! Angus the owner is really friendly and is the most meticulous host I've met so far in my travels when it comes to making sure we had a good night's stay, plus his jokes are classic. His wife Margaret whips up a mean breakfast as well. Location is great, just a 5 min walk to the centre where all the action is. Highly recommended and would definitely stay again the next time we are back in Inverness!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We came as a party of five friends and stayed in a twin room and a family room. Angus and Maragaret were very friendly and helpful hosts. Scottish breakfast served was fantastic. The rooms were beautifully decorated. Would definitely be back again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Neerodnat
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Angus and Margaret run a beautiful, clean, and comfortable guest house. The breakfasts were very good with a great selection of fruit and cold cereals offered before a hot breakfast prepared by Margaret. We also enjoyed Angus' sense of humour and appreciated his recommendations for sight seeing. I cannot thank Angus and Margaret enough for the kindness they showed me, my mother, and my six-year-old daughter. My daughter still talks about Angus and Margaret when asked about our trip to Scotland.

The guest house is located within walking distance of the city centre (train & bus station, shopping) and major sites (Inverness Museum, Inverness Castle, Ness Islands), and many wonderful restaurants.

Room Tip: The family room was very comfortable and spacious for our party of 3 (included myself, my mother, and my 6-year old daughter). I believe it would comfortably accommodate a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children).
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family