“Good friendly service.”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Popped in here for a few glasses of wine on Saturday lunchtime.
The service was very good . The wine a bit pricey, but nice.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Good for a night out but the floor is always very sticky
Nice selection of drinks and good atmosphere

1  Thank Barry J
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Went here with a group of 9 friends on a Friday night and had a great time. Excellent selection of beers and drinks with cracking live band. Areas to sit in enclaves and a small nightclub which although a bit dingy does the job for later night fun.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I spent one night in Inverness and since we arrived quite late our dining options were limited. No one in my party is a fussy eater so we decided to try this pub. We weren't seated when we came in so I asked a bartender if we should just have a seat and she said yes - so we went ahead and grabbed a booth by a window. No one came to our table for an hour. Now, I understand that it's a pub and people aren't in a rush but that's unacceptable - especially when I have to go and tell the bartender (a second time) that we would like menus, etc.

The food wasn't anything to write home about either. My husband ordered a duck entree which was literally appetizer sized - not even. He's not a big guy, nor a big eater, but that was laughable - actually we all did laugh and gave him some of our own entrees for him to eat.

We didn't have high expectations, but this was certainly disappointing.

I would not go back there should I find myself in Inverness again (which I plan on; it's a great place!).

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Went there for lunch just after getting to our hotel and liked it so much that we went back there for dinner. Did not need a reservation but they were quite busy (which is a good sign). Us old folks got there around 7 so most of the crowd had not even started their night out. Had the caesar salad for lunch and a cheeseburger for dinner. They have quite a varied menu so you are not limited to burgers and the like. A selection of steaks and fish and a very well stocked bar. The chips that came with the burger were really American style french fries and were really tasty - best we have had in Scotland (we are from San Diego now living here). Only thing I could say slightly negative is that the enclosed booths (which are really nice for privacy) tend to have seats that are a little bit too far from the table but you can make do. I think another reviewer also mentioned this.
Will definitely go back again.