“A little crazy, but good food”
Review of Johnny Foxes

Johnny Foxes
Ranked #53 of 271 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Johnny Foxes is a great location, right on the River Ness and they have a nice outside seating area with picnic tables. We sat inside and it was already a bit loud for early on a Saturday night, you can tell its popular drinking establishment. Decor is rustic Scottish and there are some interesting things to look at. Our Waitress was lovely, friendly and helpful and our food was really delicious. I had the steak sandwich and husband had the fish and chips. Our local beer was yummy as well. There were some characters in the bar area (half dressed man with pink afro wig) and they were a tad rowdy, but entertaining. All in all, a nice dinner, but I can see how this place could get crazy later on, so if you are looking for quiet, I'd show up early vs later.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We visited on 13th August. We were after a light meal with little fuss, and we got this. The food was good, plenty of it, and the service was good, if a little slow.
We did however, notice a lot of people waiting to be served and there were not many waitresses that evening compared to how many tables there were. The waitresses were also serving behind the bar. A family of four did walk out as no one acknowledged they were there waiting for a table.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My son and I stopped here for dinner whilst staying in Inverness and thoroughly enjoyed it! We had a booth by the window and the service was fantastic! After looking at the drinks menu I couldn't resist trying one of their Mojitos and I am glad I did as it was delicious and made properly with loads of chipped ice, lime and mint leaves! Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Just visited and was really looking forward to a traditional pub meal.service was slow for it not being busy but starter was ok. Unfortunately our main meal was not as we ordered and when my husband went to the bar to pay I went to stand outside as the gristle in the steak pie made me a bit queasy and to top it all the waitress ran past my husband to chase me as she thought we had not paid. Well thanks for that, great customer service, did not even apologise!

3  Thank Alexislou
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Lovely position right on the banks of the river ness. Very friendly staff, really good aberdeen angus burgers, good price, recommended.