“Practically perfect in every way.”

Eskdale Guest House
Ranked #43 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed in the hotel with 6 friends for 4 days while visiting Inverness. From the wonderful and friendly welcome we received on entering and every morning to the cheerful goodnights I loved every moment in a hotel that feels more like a home. A wonderful breakfast, exeptional standards a warm atmosphere and advice on where to go no aspect will dissapoint you. Free WiFi and in a perfect location to reach anywhere make this the guesthouse I will always book visting such a wonderful city.

1  Thank Kevin M

Reviewed October 26, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel twice in the last year and on both occasions was extremely happy with everthing.
Kathy is a lovely lady and nothing is to much trouble for her, the rooms are lovely, facilities are brilliant and service fantastic.
I have no hesitation in recommending this wonderful hotel to anyone.
Located close to the town centre and with parking area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank paul i
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I was booked into Eskdale through the company I work for at short notice. Due to the nature of my job, I did not arrive until the evening. I was made very welcome by Kathy and was shown to my room. This guest house is immaculate and the facilities were excellent with WiFi and parking. It is very comfortable, and I found it to be very peaceful which allowed me to study. An added bonus is it is very close to the town centre, which is ideal for going out for evening meals. The breakfast was very good and in fact I have recommended to my company that this guest house be used for any other members of staff who will be working in the Inverness area. I shall definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Carol K
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The guest house was spotless and had a lovely freshness to it.
Breakfast was excellent. Beds very comfortable.
Kathy was very friendly.Other guests were quiet.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank holidays464
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Our stay at the Eskdale Guest House was wonderful. Kathy was very nice and accommodating, and very helpful in planning our trip in Inverness. Thank you so much Kathy!
Philip I.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Philip I
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Due to the treatment I received at The Villa Hotel in Hamilton I was in need of a hotel/bed & breakfast for the night, I spoke with Kathy from the Eskdale on the phone and she had one room left ~ Lucky me.
She made me feel comfortable straight away and said that I was to use the guest house as if it were my own, she asked what I would like for breakfast and I had a yearning for cheese on toast, she was a bit surprised and said that in all the years she had never been asked for such a thing for breakfast, she laughed and said "not a problem".
The Guest House is beautiful and very warming, with a blue tartan carpet throughout, I had room one and it was perfect there was a bottle of sparkling water, plenty of coffee and milk, and a selection of tea.
I needed to get onto the internet but my computer was not having any of it, so Kathy told me of an internet cafe in town, very knowledgable ~ Thank you Kathy. ~ when I got back I realised I had turned the switch on my computer to off for the wifi (Plum that I am).

For breakfast I had cheese on toast and it was loverly, Thank you again Kathy.

I would definately recommend this guest house to everyone.

Room Tip: Room one for a single traveller is perfect, plenty of light and a generous shower room ensuite.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MrsSandy
Reviewed July 1, 2011

My family stayed here for 3 nights, there where 9 of us, plenty of room. Excellent size rooms and facilities. Prime location for easy two block walk to downtown Inverness and the restraurants. Staff was exception and breakfast were excellent. Will definently stay here again.

Room Tip: Parking is adequate.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family