“Very good food, decent price!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Italy

Little Italy
Ranked #18 of 252 Restaurants in Inverness
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Very good food, decent price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Tried this restaurant finally after passing it on several occasions and have to say I was not dissapointed!! Lovely good and a nice AUTHENTIC italian restaurant!! A+

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Inverness, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Charming restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

This tiny little place was super busy when I visited. It is a little cramped, but this actually added to the ambience and it was not too noisy.

The menu was extensive, covering pizzas, pastas and Italian meat dishes including chicken and beef.

My main course of chicken in a tomato and chilli sauce was delicious, with a side of tasty chips. It arrived in the perfect amount of time, although the side of chips came a bit later. My friend had the lasagne which she described as lovely, and was absolutely huge.

The dessert menu consisted almost entirely of alcoholic desserts, which neither of us could have. We asked if we could have a strawberry shortcake each without the amaretto liqueur it was supposed to contain. The waiter was fine about this and the dessert was lovely.

The restaurant was clean, as were the toilets (though they looked a bit tired and could do with refurbishment)

One of the only negatives was the staff seemed a bit forgetful - we had to ask twice for dessert menus and noticed most tables experienced similar problems. However the staff were friendly.

I enjoyed it so much that I tried to take another friend there just two days later, but it was fully booked all night, and I can understand why! I'll definitely go back, its the nicest restaurant I've found in Inverness so far.

scotland
“HURRY UP”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

First tme eating here and if we start with the food i can only say it was excellent. The meatballs as a starter were lovely and i would recommend them; the pizza reminded me of Italy and the pasta was perfect.
The reason i give it an average rating though is that you are rushed to finish each dish and there is no time to actually digest properly before your next dish arrives and at the end of your meal you feel as if you are being rushed out the door as the billis swiftly placed on your table.
In all I had a 3 course meal with my partner which lasted 55 minutes.
I think it would be a good thing to remember SERVICE as if this does not improve it will dilute the experience of HOW GOOD THE FOOD IS.

1 Thank brownbee8
Inveraray, United Kingdom
“A chance find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for somewhere for a simple evening meal to suit a vegan and came across this restaurant by chance. The food was tasty and staff were friendly and I'd visit again.

• Visited October 2012
Stornoway, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

'Little Italy' could be an excellent restaurant but they need to look after their customers a little bit better. it is very small restaurant which is great for an intimate meal. However when we got there we weren't given the table I had booked and were sitting at a table in the middle of the ground floor. The waitresses were arguing all night with the Chef who is upstairs and then they ran out of spoons. I had to use a fork to eat Ice Cream. some things a bearable but the waiter who was greeting guests as you came in constantly glowered at each table and made it clear as soon as you swallowed your last sip of coffee that you got the bill,that the table was needed and it was time for you to leave. It was an uncomfortable 50 minutes This wouldn't have been the case if they given me the table I had booked. The food was nothing to write home about either for a small Italian restaurant. All in all I was disappointed and would recommend it at all.

• Visited June 2013