“*****Amazing*****”
Review of Little Italy

Little Italy
Ranked #34 of 271 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2012

went for our sons 21st his choice and I had my reservations thought ???? well its a must you wont be disappointed,what service and choice of food small very friendly place comes highly recommended and they were really good as we had handed in blows and banners and they put them up around our table then at the end came with a wee cake and played happy birthday "he was so embarrassed" but that's what parent do.
Really must go.....couples family's and friends

1  Thank ScotlandInverness

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had already had a poor experience of this restaurant but, wanting to give it the benefit of the doubt and realising every chef can have an off day, we thought we'd give it another go.
What a mistake.
Little Italy has a very odd interpretation of what Italian food is. My main course of spaghetti and king prawns was served up in two halves - on one side of the plate was spaghetti in a carbonara sauce and on the other was prawns in a bland, tomato-ish sauce with red onions.
The carbonara spaghetti was actually quite tasty, but it certainly did not go with prawns in a tomato-based sauce! Surely the chef should have opted for one or the other?
Either way, the dish was not adequately explained on the menu and when we expressed our disappointment about the meal to the waiter, all we got was a shrug of the shoulders and a claim of "this is how food is made in Italy". (slightly patronising, but hey ho).
It was not worth £15, and nor was the chicken wrapped in parma ham which, when it arrived, was actually butterfly chicken with a couple of bits of parma ham dropped on top and an unfathomable (tomato-based I think) sauce - also for £15. There was nothing else on the plate and no thought whatsoever had been given to presentation.
This is the kind of Italian restaurant seen on our High Streets in the 1970s. It's beyond me why it does so well - maybe because Inverness suffers from a dearth of privately-owned Italians. Being rare doesn't make it special however - far from it.

3  Thank GraceW8888
Reviewed November 12, 2012

What a wonderful find!! The Little Italy restaurant is an absolute gem, the food and service were superb in every aspect, the staff are terrific and the atmosphere is delightful. I would highly recommend Little Italy to anyone thinking of visiting Inverness, it is a cut above any other dining place we have ever been in. Superb, wonderful, terrific are just three of the superlatives I coul use to describe Little Italy. We will return.

1  Thank HowMuchGolspie
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Me and my bf were very happy about eating in Little Italy, it was a lovely experience , staff are so friendly , and I forgot the name of one of the staff , he was so lovely, he actually sing a songs to all of us. Food wise , it was so lovely , when we order side dish we were surprise how big is their side dish, it seems like a main meal, that's why when we finished our meal, we are so stuff. I'm from Edinburgh but told my bf we will be definitely coming there for sure.

1  Thank Cheekybonbon
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have been to this restaurant many times and I can easily say it is the best restaurant in Inverness.

Every time I have visited the staff are very welcoming and polite. The food is exceptional and the quaintness adds to the atmosphere.

Lemoncello is a must to finish of what always is an enjoyable experience!

2  Thank Meggy23