“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Little Italy

Little Italy
Ranked #21 of 251 Restaurants in Inverness
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Highlands,Scotland
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Food was brill we thought we were back in our favourite destination Italy. Staff could'nt do enough for you

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Inloveinitaly

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
“Probably the best restaurant I've ever been to!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

Went to little italy with 3 friends (two who have been before) that highly recommended going. From the minute I walked in it just felt like been in italy! The food was typical fresh italian and absolutely lovely to eat. The two waiters that served us was probably the friendliest waiters you'll ever meet in your life! Very professional and very funny. Thank you little italy for making my stay in Inverness very pleasurable and cheers for the lemoncello!

2 Thank 123mabaker
Paisley,Scotland
“Lovely food..shame about the cold !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

Went here on our first night in Inverness..firstly the food was lovely...fresh, authentic and tasty. There was only one waiter on when we arrived and surprisingly only a couple of other tables occupied at 8pm .
The service was good and we were well looked after however thought it was a bit odd that the lone waiter decided to sit down and eat a pizza at one of the tables when there were customers present. Also strange that when a group of 4 guys came in at 9pm they were told by the waiter that he would need to check with the kitchen first...and came back to tell them it was ok...as along as they weren't planning on having a starter !
Another man came in about 15 minutes later and was turned away..have never heard of this happening in any other restaurant at that time on a midweek night.
The restaurant was also very cold..we were next to the heater and it wasn't even switched on despite being a cold January night. All in food was great but atmosphere and some aspects of the service were a bit strange !

• Visited January 2012
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

One of the best meals I've ever had in Inverness, food, atmosphere, service and value all amazing. A must try.

2 Thank JRR1988
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Good... but not the "best"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

Went to Little Italy after watching it climb to the top of Tripadvisor. Being that there are so many nice restaurants in Inverness, it was quite a surprise to see Little Italy get to the top.

The restaurant itself is very traditional, like a proper Italian restaurant which is unique in itself for Inverness. It has a great authentic look about the place, nicely decorated and the tabes are set comfortably without being too crowded. It isn't a large place. As it's January we were looking at getting into a nice cosy restaurant out of the cold and into the warmth, however this wasn't to be. The heating didn't appear on and it was very cold - my partner kept on her coat throughout the meal.

Service was good. We were served by the lone member of staff and he was very good, attended to our needs well and happy to be of our attention.

The food also was very good. I had the chicken liversto start which was cooked in a tomato and chilli sauce and served with toasted garlic bread, and to follow I had the lasagne. I was very happy with my choice. My partner had the Seafood Tagliatelle and she too was very happy with her choice.

For service, food, and traditional Italian-ness, this is a great little place to eat, and given a bit of warmth then I'd say very good for a romantic meal.

However, due to the cold environment I wouldn't choose Little Italy over other restaurants for a romantic dining experience.

Good, but not the best in Inverness. For Italian I prefer Riva.

• Visited January 2012