“Do not go, the Inverness food scene has much better to offer”
Review of Little Italy

Little Italy
Ranked #26 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Quietly appointed in a sort of 70's bistro style, offering an ambience menu that promised so much more than the food we received. Starter was a well prepared and well-cooked large portion of deep fried brie cheese, unfortunately it was accompanied by a small amount of raspberry coulis that was designed and belonged on a dessert plate. Our mains were a pan fried pork loin in peppercorn sauce, a little over cooked but edible, the dish was served with soggy matchstick potatoes and nothing else. The other main of chicken with penne pasta and pesto had so much pesto that any other ingredient was unrecognizable.
The most annoying thing about our visit though, was the waiter who loved his own voice so much that he made sure he could be heard above all the other staff and diners combined, and his colleague who tried to wrestle the wine off me as I tried to pour the last of our wine, a pity they were not so attentive the other times I had poured the wine.
A very average restaurant with below average food and service, go elsewhere if in Inverness

1  Thank Graham H

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Lovely authentic Italian tucked away! Excellent service and a brilliant singing waiter,

1  Thank Highlandboi
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I ate here with my husband, really nice atmosphere with a good choice of food and reasonable prices. The staff were attentive and the front of house guy really worked hard at keeping it all together. The food was tasty and good portions, a good choice if you want an excellent Italian meal in a restaurant which seems to value every customer.

1  Thank fisher25
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We live in Inverness and often go to this lovely little restaurant. The staff are great, very child friendly and the food is always really good, excellent pasta. We lived in Italy for a short time and came to expect excellent food as the norm. This restaurant gives us a little bit of Italy in Inverness, whether its just for a coffee, lunch or meal. Love the place!

1  Thank katymorag9
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Quite the worst Italian meal I have eaten in 40 years. The menu said it was Lamb, but I think it was leather. Three strips of dark brown material with a hint of Rosemary in the cooking.
Also, the Mussels with Clams came came in at the same price despite the Clams being off the menu. Half the Mussels were out of their shells. I ate and paid up, but only to avoid embarrassing my friends.

4  Thank GreenockLofty