“Our Outlander Tour with Laura Moon. A MUST DO!!!!”

Inverness Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Discover the city of Inverness. Step back in time to understand the dynamic history and rich culture hidden our streets. Come on a journey and delve into our unique folklore, prophecies, curses and tales. Understand the stories behind Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series. Discover the true hidden stories of rebellions, the Jacobites, the Clans and our traditions. Book on our website.
Reviewed September 14, 2015

We did a 7 day Outlander Tour with our private guide, Laura Moon. Boy did we ever luck out. Laura is phenomenal! She took us to places in the Outlander books and the TV series. We were picked up in Edinburgh and went all the way up to the tip of the Isle of Skye, no stone was left unturned on this trip. She is an exceptional story teller, I like history but Laura makes you LOVE it with her stories. She is so full of knowledge about Scottish history she was able to answer all of our questions, it was amazing. I can't rave on enough about this tour, she definitely spoiled and catered to us. It was a blast being able to talk to her about the books, the show and all of the history. When I take my family back to Scotland we will be requesting Laura for a private tour again. This was by far the best tour we have ever been on!!

Hugh A, Owner at Inverness Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2015

Can't wait to welcome you back!
Check out Laura's calendar and we will fix a return date for you.

All reviews
in 25 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed September 13, 2015 via mobile

My daughter and I recently completed the Outlander Tour with George Munro and Inverness Tours. George was very knowledgeable and looked after us all extremely well. He provided lots of historical and local information set in the context of the Outlander series. The only thing to improve the tour would have been a larger van with some extra space.

1  Thank janinefahnle

George works very hard and you did indeed have a great tour.

Reviewed September 11, 2015

I was fortunate to have a "share-a-tour" (at the last minute, no less!) to John o Groats & the North. I had never before taken this type of "private" tour, and I was a bit hesitant, as a solo traveller, thinking I would be intruding. I quickly became traveling friends with the couple who had originally booked the tour 6 months earlier. And George, with his warmth and humor and interesting information along the way. made the 11-hour tour over the breathtakingly dramatic and beautiful countryside of the Northern Highlands and North Sea so memorable and comfortable. Just a joy! I would recommend this tour to any visitor who wants to see the village and country life, not just the cities of Scotland. I would bet that most Scottish citizens have probably not seen this area of their world to the extent that I did today; they need to take the time to explore it -- on their own or, better yet, with George Munro!

You had a brilliant time with George.
It is a lovely way to meet people and see the best of the beautiful country.

Reviewed September 11, 2015 via mobile

My brother and i just finished the Inverness tour for Loch Ness, the castle and isle of Skye, our tour guide today was Alison. The tour was fantastic! Our tour guide spoke multiple languages and kept the tour interesting and funny throughout the day. It's a shame that my stay in Inverness is too short.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 10, 2015 via mobile

We had a delightful 2 days with George. The touring exceeded our high expectations. George custom designed our itinerary for us based on our interests -- some of the highlights were the Culloden battlefield, the Aberlour distillery, and a trip along Loch Ness from Inverness to Glen Coe. George is warm, knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. He even helped us out when our credit cards didn't work at the distillery! You won't regret the money you spend for this tour!

Thank you for your great review!
We would love your extra stars, hope to see you again soon.