“Hugh Allison and Outlander and Isle of Skye Tour”

Inverness Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Discover the city of Inverness. Step back in time to understand the dynamic history and rich culture hidden our streets. Come on a journey and delve into our unique folklore, prophecies, curses and tales. Understand the stories behind Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series. Discover the true hidden stories of rebellions, the Jacobites, the Clans and our traditions.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This tour was so much more than I expected. Hugh is able to take readers of the Outlander series to places listed in the book and bring them to life. He is an expert in so many things -- from Scottish history and geography to the Outlander series. I will never forget our experiences with Hugh. The tours he planned for us were so much more than I expected.

3  Thank Carol A
Hugh A, Owner at Inverness Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2015

What a lovely review.
It was a pleasure showing you around.
I was pleased to share the bits and pieces I know about the Highlands.
It was rewarding to see how delighted you were by hearing the tales and stories.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I went to Scotland in October 2012 with some dear friends and was fortunate enough to have taken an amazing tour of the beautiful Highlands through Inverness Tours! Tony was very helpful in answering all my pre-booking questions promptly and in the arranging of our tour. George Munro was our awesome guide for the day! He was waiting for us when we arrived at the train station in Inverness and we got to the tour right away. George shared with us the highlights of what we were going to see that day and made sure we were all informed of itinerary, and then we were off! George, a true local, shared with us his unique point of view of the Highlands as well his extensive knowledge of the history of Inverness, Loch Ness, and the Isle of Skye. I would recommend Inverness Tours for anyone that is looking for an extremely customizable and intimate tour of the most stunning sights in Scotland. It was great to not be part of a huge tour group and really feel like we got to experience the most in the time we had. With George, we really got a backstage pass into the Highlands. George was more than accommodating for photo stops and had a great sense of humor. Definitely a great day to remember, and something I would definitely do again in the future! Thank you Inverness Tours and thank you George Munro!

Jed Cato

4  Thank JedC04
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My husband and our best friends were pleasantly surprised by George's expertise, sense of humor, and flexibility. He picked us up at the train station and went over the days plans, clarifying what sights were most important to us in order to prioritize the day. Throughout the day, we never felt rushed at the stops and loved hearing all of his "local" knowledge. We saw everything we wanted and more! The day trip felt private and personalized. I highly recommend using this company AND asking for George is a must!

3  Thank MelissaJBarnes
Reviewed November 18, 2012

In October my husband and both set of our parents booked the Glen Affric with George. We had a fantastic time! George is friendly, knowledgeable, and helped make our day very enjoyable. Since we only had a day to spend in the highlands, this afternoon tour was perfect. We wanted to see natural surroundings, not just tourist attractions, and the Glen Affric tour was just what we were looking for. The drive took in a lot of the countryside, and then we were able to go for a nature walk too. It was exactly the right thing for our group to do. And the rates were great too!

3  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We took a day tour with John of the Isle of Skye -- FYI, this is the _only_ way to go. He stopped for pictures wherever we wanted, gave us the history of the area, and shared personal details where it was professionally appropriate.

If we had not had John on this tour, it would have just been another nice drive. Thanks John!

2  Thank MickCirceo