First of all our stay at Carisbrooke was OK except for a couple of very annoying incidents that marred our experience and meant we left with a very bad feeling.
The room description for this guest house clearly states that wi-fi is a feature and we booked here for that very reason. We needed wi-fi as it was essential we were able to connect with back home that night.
We arrived around 8pm and the front door was locked but I was able to contact the manager and he was a bit peeved that we had not contacted him to let him know we were arriving at that hour. I could see his point and apologised and we found our way to the room at the back of the guest house. This is where the main problem arose - despite following the printed instructions we were unable to connect to the wi-fi either in the main part of the guest house where we could get a signal or in our room where, because of the location out back, there was no signal whatsoever. Note that I am an electronic engineer and know my way around technology - we tried connecting with two iPhones, an iPad and a Sony tablet. There was simply no signal in our room.
The following morning the manager was dismissive and rude regarding the lack of wi-fi in the room and even stated the "you cannot get wi-fi out there". He would not even consider reducing the room charge. I overheard another guest also complaining of no wi-fi also.
The final problem was his inability to use the Visa card terminal - in the end we were charged through Booking.com as a "no show" and the charge was made a day later!
The room itself and breakfast were acceptable but BEWARE there is NO wi-fi available in the rooms at the rear of the gueast house despite the description to the contrary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carisbrooke Guest House is situated right in the heart of Inverness, a 5 minute walk over the river brings you to an array of excellent restaurants and good pubs, with nightlife to suit all tastes. Carisbrooke has been totally renovated with all rooms having contemporary en-suites and tastefully decorated to a high standard. a carpark situated at the rear, adds to the convenience of city centre shopping. With a mouth watering breakfast menu, we know you will enjoy your stay at Carisbrooke. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Carisbrooke Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carisbrooke Guest House Hotel Inverness
- Carisbrooke Guest House Inverness, Scotland