“Highly recommended”
Review of Aspendos

Aspendos
Ranked #20 of 257 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We visit Inverness regularly to visit elderly relatives and therefore we have eaten in most places in town. Accordingly, I would have no hesitation in saying that Aspendos is easily the best restaurant in Inverness. Beautifully cooked and well presented Turkish food at reasonable prices.

We will return!

• Turkish first
“Partner's birthday meal”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Went here on Sunday late afternoon before full on dinner service times, there was just 2 other tables in at the time. We have eaten there once before during busy dinner service & was excellent!

On this occasion there were some imperfections however, we were greeted with a warm welcome by who we think is the manager/owner and quickly seated. We ordered straight to main course which we waited an appropriate time for and was delicious!! My partner ordered a tomato based lamb dish while I ordered the mixed fish. We possibly would have ordered dessert but it took a while to get our plates cleared and receive dessert menus, in this long wait we decided we would go to a local supermarket for dessert instead. The thing that annoyed us was that it was very quiet with 3 service staff and after our mains were delivered we felt ignored for a long time. That said I imagine service may have simply lacked due to it being quiet and staff not having the push to deliver timely service however as a restaurant they should strive to achieve this regardless of how many customers are there!

I think we will at some point return but perhaps some practices on service could be improved :)

1 Thank D C
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I absolutely adore Aspendos, it is my favourite restaurant and always my first choice. I am lactose intolerant and also a vegetarian so it is wonderful to find a restaurant that I actually have choices at!
We eat here very regularly and have not had a bad meal yet. The food is amazing and flavoursome and the owner always gives a warm welcome.
The houmous, falafel and imam biyaldi in particular are to die for and I would recommend it every time. It can't be beaten.

• Visited June 2014
“Really Bad Food”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Five of us visited the restauraunt on a Sat night - it was busy but not full.
Our order was taken quickly - and the starters arrived without too much of a wait. All the starters were ok, nothing special.
We then had to wait over an hour for our main courses - and when they arrived they were all really salty. Nobody came to ask if the food was okay, and even when the waitress collected the plates she did not ask (most of the food was still on the plates!!) if everything was okay.
The manager/owner came to speak to us (when we were getting up to leave) he asked how the food was. When I said that it was very salty he insisted that they do not use salt in their food and that it was cream and herbs that I was tasting - this was an insult as I know what salt tastes like!! He kept insisiting that nobody else complained and they had been serving food all day - but five of us finding the food too salty to eat?
He did not offer a discount and followed us to the door (stopping the waitress to check that we had left the full amount of cash) and then he came out into the street, still insiting that the food was not salty.

Very dissapointed - this must be the worst meal (and attitude) that I have come across in Inverness in many years.

5 Thank June M
Glasgow
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A surprising wee gem”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

After a few days of eating Scottish style cuisine and seafood we wanted something a little healthier and also some vegetables. This place fitted the bill and we had some lovely meze. Excellent.