“search for service”

The Dairy at Daviot
Ranked #4 of 7 Dessert in Inverness
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Dairy at Daviot is a warm and family friendly destination. Take advantage of our cafe or our luxury self catering cottages set in stunning surroundings just south of Inverness. We have our own secluded beauty spot for you to enjoy less than 8 minutes from the town. We have outdoor seating at the cafe and a solid fuel stove inside so that you may join us no matter what the weather brings.
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

upon entering the dairy my friend and i had to venture from the entrance to the other side of the building before we found a service point upon finding that still no sign of service we waited and eventually we were greeted my friend had the macaroni cheese i had the stovies and oatcakes a firm favourite of mine. i was thrilled have recieved a lovely bowl of traditional stovies however on top of it piled high was boiled red cabbage (this was not stated on the menu) and 2 dry thin oatcakes, no check back we felt very lonley indeed, will not be back for a while

2  Thank Davie S

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We stopped recently and the food was brilliant! Caked were fab too!
Service at the till was a little disjointed but food was served to out table promptly.

I'd recommend, and we'll be back!!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had heard about "The Diary" from several friends during last summer and we decided to call in and check it out. We went in the last week of January and it was fairly busy considering the weather and the time of year. We parked in the large car park, near the climbing frame + play area.Children are more than welcome and catered for too, a pleasant change from most restaurants. The building it very modern and has a courtyard of cottages attached to it at the back . It looks very charming and modern. The restaurant is long with tables down both sides of it, it also has a large round dining room off to the left of the main dining room. We decided to sit in the round dining room. There was plenty of heaters place safely around the whole restaurant which was very welcomed, considering the cold weather that day. The list of home cooked food was varied with local produce being used. You could have a full cooked meal or a Bacon & Black pudding Baked Potato - to name just one - but there was a lovely array of different fillings to be had. There was enough to suit every palate. There is a large table of home made cakes, scones etc for you to choose if you wanted to have one with your coffee. Our baked potatoes were filling and generous but not over sized, just right. Tea was served with individual tea pots as was the coffee. We throughly enjoyed our visit and told the staff so as well. They were starting to get ready for the Sunday Carvery by preparing the tables.
The Diary has still a newness about it, it is still developing , hence the previous comments, but we found the staff were very pleasant, the food was excellent and the prices were good too. So all in all a lovely way to spend a few hours, with more time to be spent in the spring/summer. We asked for their business card so we could pass it on. We will certainly be back with our family and children.
There is another building, we think it is a shop but we never went into it as we had to leave but it did look interesting.
I would say, give it a try, if you don't like crowds go early, this is a very popular place and will continue to be so.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We went on a Sunday. Very busy and had to stand and wait for more than several minutes to be seated. We weren't even acknowledged by the staff. They had a carvery on and we chose the 1 course at £10.95 each. We chose the beef but there was only one choice of veg to go with this which was cauliflower cheese and some well fired roast potatoes. The beef was extremely chewy. We would have complained but sitting at the table nearest the door no member of staff came nearby. On paying at the till the young girl didn't engage with me or ask how our meal was and in fact chatted with her colleague. We felt The Dairy lacked atmosphere and the staff were not customer focussed. We didn't feel the meal was worth the money. I don't think a return journey is on the cards.

2  Thank EBECKY
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My lunch today was venison burger and potato wedges, the burger was small the salad was wet and the potato wedges were served skin side up. I cut a piece of potato wedge and put it it my mouth it was like eating coal. Turned over the wedges were dark brown, crusty and only a shade off being black. When I complained they were removed and replaced with not bad chips that I ate on there own as my burger and coffee were long finished. I can not understand how the wedges were allowed out of the kitchen!

2  Thank Agumdoo