“Wouldn't go back”

The Dairy at Daviot
Ranked #4 of 6 Dessert in Inverness
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Dairy at Daviot is a warm and family friendly destination. Take advantage of our cafe or our luxury self catering cottages set in stunning surroundings just south of Inverness. We have our own secluded beauty spot for you to enjoy less than 8 minutes from the town. We have outdoor seating at the cafe and a solid fuel stove inside so that you may join us no matter what the weather brings.
“Wouldn't go back”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We went on a Sunday. Very busy and had to stand and wait for more than several minutes to be seated. We weren't even acknowledged by the staff. They had a carvery on and we chose the 1 course at £10.95 each. We chose the beef but there was only one choice of veg to go with this which was cauliflower cheese and some well fired roast potatoes. The beef was extremely chewy. We would have complained but sitting at the table nearest the door no member of staff came nearby. On paying at the till the young girl didn't engage with me or ask how our meal was and in fact chatted with her colleague. We felt The Dairy lacked atmosphere and the staff were not customer focussed. We didn't feel the meal was worth the money. I don't think a return journey is on the cards.

2 Thank EBECKY

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Burnt potato wedges”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My lunch today was venison burger and potato wedges, the burger was small the salad was wet and the potato wedges were served skin side up. I cut a piece of potato wedge and put it it my mouth it was like eating coal. Turned over the wedges were dark brown, crusty and only a shade off being black. When I complained they were removed and replaced with not bad chips that I ate on there own as my burger and coffee were long finished. I can not understand how the wedges were allowed out of the kitchen!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Agumdoo
Inverness, United Kingdom
“long hall”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

this is a nice place but it felt a bit like a long hall - food was really good and the location is lovely

Visited July 2012
Aviemore, United Kingdom
“Good food....”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have driven past many times but never called in... Glad we did stop for lunch on Saturday. I had a baked potato with bacon and brie..very good especially the thick crisp bacon. My husband had butternut squash soup with coconut. Very tasty he said as was the black pudding and cheese filled ciabatta.!
I noticed that they do Sunday lunches and a kiddies menu. Yummy looking cakes too! The tables were almost all full as we were leaving. Seems a popular place so give it a try.
The cafe is a converted old farm steading which also houses self catering. It is situated in lovely countryside just off the A9 at Daviot..
The only criticism.......the place was cold in spite of heaters. Do appreciate that it is difficult to heat as so big and high ceilings. Will return tho!

• Visited November 2012
Muir of Ord, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The Dairy at Daviot is one of the best places for Sunday lunch around Inverness. With a good choice of meals to suit all tastes. My wife and I visit on a regular basis and have no hesitation in recommending it to you.

• Visited September 2012