“Just ok.”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had gone to this place because there was music on and had read about it.. The waiter who served us was very nice. Everyone of my party enjoyed the food, there were four of us. The ambiance of the place left something to be desired, the hike up to the toilets is scruffy. The whole place could do with a makover. Not bothered about going again.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The food here is nice, but don't go if you are really hungry, it's more of a late lunch, early dinner type situation. I had pork 4/10, my friend had veggie haggis 10/10 I would ensure I ate this next time.

P.S Hoots gets lively later on so do not leave it too late to eat as it becomes more of a noisy pub then a relaxed restaurant.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We ate here on the recommendation of our Scottish tour guide after settling in to our hotel down the street. The waiter was very friendly and even answered my questions about traditional food in the country. The food was filling (I had the lamb stovie, while my husband had the haggis) and the honey beer was a perfect accompaniment. We were not too thrilled with the dessert, but as an American I'm pretty picky about carrot cake. Live music upstairs at 9:30pm on Saturday nights!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went by chance to this place for an early evening meal and were surprised by the quality of the food. The staff were lovely and the food was excellent. It's definitely a pub first but it was relaxing and we really enjoyed the food.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stummbled across this pub whilst visiting Inverness for the day. Good atmosphere and excellent fresh salmon dinner.
Caters for locals and tourists alike and would certainly recomend a visit.